website statistics

BMX Cycling Freestyle at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Hannah Roberts has already qualified last year. I think this time it will be :CHN :GBR :COL ... Which leave :CZE Iveta Miculyčová again as first below the line. 😭

Technically Roberts hasn't qualified as an individual yet - the quotas from '22 and '23 WC are awarded to the nation rather than the individual so at the moment the quota list would be 2x :USA, 1x :SUI:CHN:GBR

But I take your point that the quotas from the WCs will end up being reallocated after the OQS next year. 

5 hours ago, Mateus Nagime said:

We have to remember that Australia will have a quota - probably in 2022 but one never know.

Yes, there will need to be an Oceanian qualifier and that will come from the '22 WC results (:AUS Sarah Nicki finished in 22nd) but not sure which of :USA or :SUI would miss out. (Working assumption would :SUI Ducarroz)

28 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Technically Roberts hasn't qualified as an individual yet - the quotas from '22 and '23 WC are awarded to the nation rather than the individual so at the moment the quota list would be 2x :USA, 1x :SUI:CHN:GBR

But I take your point that the quotas from the WCs will end up being reallocated after the OQS next year. 

In this scenario, :CHN should have qualified 2 athletes and the quota should have gone to the medalists..... 

Looking at the available results from competitions over the last 18 months, my current expectations for qualification in women's freestyle looks like this:

Host Quota

:FRA (Laury Perez)

Olympic Qualifier Series

:USA (Hannah Roberts)

:CHN

:CHN

:CZE (Iveta Miculycova)

:GER (Kim Lee Muller)

:GBR (Charlotte Worthington)

2022 World Champ Quotas

:USA

:AUS 

2023 World Champ Quotas

:GBR

:COL

:CZE

Okay, after all that discussion caused by a messy qualification process I'd say the only one of the three men's quotas from this WC that is really at risk is the US's and they already have one quota and will likely get the second in the qualifying series. That presupposes that S Africa takes up a quota which is far from certain. 

Edited by Nickyc707

16 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

So the person who updates the quotas on wiki just put it there like this. How :GER could get a quota when :COL and :CZE are ahead of Kim Lea Muller of :GER who finished 10th?? 😳😳😳

Screenshot_2023-08-08-14-05-28-863_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

I think that was a typo, inserting {{GER}} instead of {{GBR}}.

6 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I think that was a typo, inserting {{GER}} instead of {{GBR}}.

They also inserted Germany in the men's qualification section but that has been corrected by another editor. I have questioned the person responsible for the entry in the the women's section and am still awaiting a reply.