website statistics

Track Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

we've changed a lot of things with our coaching staff and we've hired former raod sprinter Ivan Quaranta as a supervisor for the sprinters

even if it dates back in time, we've also a great tradition in men's track sprinting...after years when the federation totally dismissed all the track programs, now we have new officials that showed interest and the ability to work well...we've rebuilt the endurance sector first, we're going to rebuild the sprint group too, very soon...

You certainly have a lot of faith. Do you have any influence on the success of the program/how can you be so sure when you don't have any influence (inside knowledge)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

You certainly have a lot of faith. Do you have any influence on the success of the program/how can you be so sure when you don't have any influence (inside knowledge)?

naaa..I only hope (dream) it's gonna happen

if not, well, I'll take it...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

naaa..I only hope (dream) it's gonna happen

if not, well, I'll take it...

I guess that is a better attitude than being pessimistic, as long as you are able to handle a possible disappointment. Imagining all the great things that young talents might achieve/fantasizing about their potential is one of the most fun parts of being a supporter. Personally i get excited whenever Germany has a great talent in swimming, although i of course have realized by now that they (almost) never will achieve anything at senior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The german team seems to be treading water. They were closer to the bronze medal race than last year, but a 7th/8th place (if GB wouldn't have put on a clown show) is still far away. Germany has been very good in this event at the junior level for quite some time, but for some reason it doesn't translate.

With :GBR failing to register a time in qualifying for the Men's Team Pursuit, they have gone from 2nd in the rankings to now sit outside of qualifying position in 11th.

They will need to make up a deficit of 150 points on :CHN across next year's Nations Cup events. Belgium are currently in 9th place and have a cushion of 520 points. 

In men's team sprint Germany is closer to the top teams (time-wise), but placed worse than last year. In the end i don't really see the men winning any medal next year.