website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, now the women's sabre team has to save us, otherwise we will likely only have one team at a SOG that has 6 team events. 

Houston, we have a problem... Cold shower for sure, but they have still chance to make it to Tokyo, right? So far, I'm not expecting anything promising in fencing in Tokyo. Áron is in his deepest, Siklósi seem satisfied, women's foil in the bin, women's sabre still a huge questionmark... Rio was amazing for fencing, Tokyo, hmmm...

Just now, GoHungary! said:

Houston, we have a problem... Cold shower for sure, but they have still chance to make it to Tokyo, right? So far, I'm not expecting anything promising in fencing in Tokyo. Áron is in his deepest, Siklósi seem satisfied, women's foil in the bin, women's sabre still a huge questionmark... Rio was amazing for fencing, Tokyo, hmmm...

I think we are still looking good for two medals in Men's sabre (one in the individual event and one in the team event), the rest... Siklósi can obviously win an individual medal in Tokyo if everything goes perfectly again, and, as you have said, women'S sabre is a question mark. I will be happy if we somehow get two medals, that would be better then Beijing. Rio was a fluke where almost everything went perfectly with the exception of how that Men's epee final ended. We won't see anything similar in the next few SOGs. 

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think we are still looking good for two medals in Men's sabre (one in the individual event and one in the team event), the rest... Siklósi can obviously win an individual medal in Tokyo if everything goes perfectly again, and, as you have said, women'S sabre is a question mark. I will be happy if we somehow get two medals, that would be better then Beijing. Rio was a fluke where almost everything went perfectly with the exception of how that Men's epee final ended. We won't see anything similar in the next few SOGs. 

Oh, do not make me remember Beijing, the horror Olympics. Waking up so early for so many disappointments...:wacko: Yeah, I agree, Rio was a fluke, the whole fencing team truly overperformed.

men's team Sabre, 5th-16th Placements

5. :RUS Russia

6. :IRI Iran

7. :GEO Georgia

8. :ROU Romania

9. :FRA France

10. :USA United States

11. :CHN China

12. :JPN Japan

13. :UKR Ukraine

14. :GBR Great Britain

15. :CAN Canada