website statistics

Basketball 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 months later...

It does mean it’s time for me to start watching college basketball though. The “one shining moment” of the season :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

From the madness of the diamond to the madness of the court. March Madness tips-off in 30 minutes :cheer:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@owenp_23 our final four is completely different. I’ve got: Baylor, Kentucky, Houston, Connecticut

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@owenp_23 our final four is completely different. I’ve got: Baylor, Kentucky, Houston, Connecticut

I donʻt trust Baylor (historical statistics thing).

I thought about Kentucky, but fell into the Duke trap.

Houstonʻs region is where I think the chaos is. Either Kent State or Drake will go on a double-digit seed run. Iowa State is my sleeper pick.

The top four seeds in the West all could make it out, but I chose Kansas.:d

(I also have some feeling a 14 seed will win. Either UCSB or Montana State is really sticking out.)

Edited by owenp_23

• 2 weeks later...

7 teams remain after 9 seed Florida Atlantic University eliminates Kansas State in the East Region final.

The Owls can thank Fairleigh Dickinson (who were given "no chance" in the tournament by certain user on the forum) for knocking off Purdue, the second ever 1 seed to lose to a 16.

There are also no 1 seeds in the Elite Eight for the first time in the 64-team era.

Edited by owenp_23