website statistics

Name the 5 Olympic moments most remembered in your Country

rafalgorka

The only disappointing thing about the Kenny jump was that there wasn't a proper crowd there to see it and roar him on.

Obviously due to circumstances beyond anyone's control but that's why at times Tokyo just didn't feel entirely like a 'true' Games for me. Nobody's fault obviously. And it's why I'm even more hyped for this summer to see full crowds again (fingers crossed!!)

That and the camerawork for that final. That wasn't great either.

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

The only disappointing thing about the Kenny jump was that there wasn't a proper crowd there to see it and roar him on.

Obviously due to circumstances beyond anyone's control but that's why at times Tokyo just didn't feel entirely like a 'true' Games for me. Nobody's fault obviously. And it's why I'm even more hyped for this summer to see full crowds again (fingers crossed!!)

That and the camerawork for that final. That wasn't great either.

As a remote fan, I was grateful it happened at all - it seemed all too likely at one stage it wouldn't, and I'm amazed how quickly the world has all but forgotten the mayhem of that 18 months more generally - I had major health incident just prior to the first lockdown so it was quite surreal to watch it happen in real time from my own convalescent bed.

My own 5 personal favorite gold moments:

- Swedish expected gold and suprising silver (Ståhl and Pettersson) in men's discus Throw 2021

- Swedish women's cross country relay gold 2014. Kalla 25s behind gold and silver when she started the 4th leg.

- Jonna Sundling, dominating golf in sprint cross country 2022. Because our Grand fathers are cousins I feel a bit extra for her.

- Stefan Holm, gold in Men's high jump 2004. I was 9 year old and it is one of my first olympic memories and it was special because Sweden won 3 golds in athletics within 24 hours. 
- Team Hasselborg, gold in womens curling 2018 a was watching from one of the team members home together with her family.

If I should consider non-golds I would like to include the Swedish silver in mens handball 2012 because I was there attending the semi final win against Hungary.

for swedes in general maybe:

- Ice hockey gold men 1994

- womens relay cross country 2014

- Gärderud gold and world record 3000m steeple 1976

-  The 3 gold medals in athletics 2004 within 24h: Holm (M HJ), Olsson (M TJ), Klüft (W Hpt)

- any of Ingemar Stenmarks gold medals in alpine skiing 

Edited by Swewi