website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Absolutely stunning! What a performance from Canada! That one left me with goosebumps. That may be one of the best routines I’ve ever seen. They will be the gold medalists.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First score in the 90. at the 2019 Pan American Games. Canada could honestly challenge for an Olympic medal with that routine.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Question for the experts: is the judging in the Pan Am Games as corrupt as it is in international competitions, when the Russians are involved? International competitions always seem to have the same 3 medalists predetermined before the competition begins. 

Great routine from Brazil. Unfortunately they had to after Canada, so I didn’t like their performance that much. Still it was well executed, just not as difficult in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, ofan said:

Question for the experts: is the judging in the Pan Am Games as corrupt as it is in international competitions, when the Russians are involved? International competitions always seem to have the same 3 medalists predetermined before the competition begins. 

Well the Russians are just better than everyone truthfully, but yes there are judging problems internationally. So far, I’ve agree with the Pan Am judges.

Mexico is definitely getting the Olympic quota. Near perfect performance from them, still not as good as Canada, but definitely the best of the rest for now.

Amazing routine from the US! It may have even been better than Mexico’s in my opinion. I think it will get underscored, but there were a few glaring execution errors. That actually left me with a few goosebumps too. I’ve never seen a team choose a rap song before, and I think it worked beautifully for them.

Good routine and music choice from the Colombians. Once again I just wasn’t feeling their routine. It just didn’t seem as difficult or I don’t know. It just didn’t feel impressive.

I’d put Argentina in 6th or 7th. There were blatant synchronization errors and quite a few execution errors. Their performance was still nice though.