website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, dcro said:

:MEX Sosa, meanwhile, managed to produce this intriguing racing line...

image.png

One-ups Laurine van Riessen.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

German flag with 'Team Ivory Coast' next to the starting house, cool :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Kanakina was trying to smash right through that wall at the finish.

Cool to see Bree Schaaf coach everyone and their mother as long as their from a small nation :p (I know, that's the job as development coach)

Too bad she doesn't have a separate jacket for Sweden, Brazil etc :d 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Cool to see Bree Schaaf coach everyone and their mother as long as their from a small nation :p (I know, that's the job as development coach)

Too bad she doesn't have a separate jacket for Sweden, Brazil etc :d 

Bree Schaaf is coaching mothers?

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Bree Schaaf is coaching mothers?

Yes.

Kimberley Bos drank her first ever coffee, live, after losing a bet :d 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Who knows, maybe there was behind the scenes stuff going on that we don't know about but made her want to get away, no idea. And yeah, she could be the best of all Germans, so I don't think her move to the Czechs was very much based on not being able to make the German team (for example in the previous two teams she was quite clearly the third German behind Hermann and Lölling, Griebel only got a chance when Fernstädt didn't start and then was not very impressive).

Now I'm curious about something which I can't really find much about: Fernstädt was born in CZE, but when did she/her family go to Germany, any idea?

Cant find anything about that, only the following things:

- Her mother is from the Czech Republic and her father is from Germany

- She started as a gymnast, but when her family moved to Berchtesgaden in 2011 (from Heusenstamm, another german city) there was no good gymnastics club around so she started with skeleton. Apparently she was a gymnast for 8 years, but i couldnt find out whether she was for 8 years in the same club. 

- In 2018 she moved back to the Czech Republic and is studying in Prague

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

I didn't say it's strange ;) 

She moved to Germany when she was 1 year old. First she was gymnastic than started to train skeleton.

Where did you find that? Couldnt find any german source ... :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.