website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dual citizenship or not, competing for your birth country is not strange by any stretch :p

Interesting thing to say. So if Ashley Wagner or Bernard Tomic would suddenly decide to compete for Germany it wouldnt be strange?

I think once you started for a certain country at senior level, you shouldnt be allowed to change nationality. I also think its a shitty move from her to change nationality, considering how much Germany invested in her. The only thing i agree on is that she easily has enough talent to overtake at least Griebel, possibly also the other 2 girls.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

We didn’t invest in anything. Fernstadtova used to be German but switched to the Czechs (she was born in Prague). I’m pretty sure she’s the only serious skeleton racer in the entire country lol

I wonder if you really didnt "invest" anything. From what i read she used to work for the german police, which of course isnt the case now anymore, so i wonder whether the Czech Republic is financing her in any way.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Interesting thing to say. So if Ashley Wagner or Bernard Tomic would suddenly decide to compete for Germany it wouldnt be strange?

I think once you started for a certain country at senior level, you shouldnt be allowed to change nationality. I also think its a shitty move from her to change nationality, considering how much Germany invested in her. The only thing i agree on is that she easily has enough talent to overtake at least Griebel, possibly also the other 2 girls.

Who knows, maybe there was behind the scenes stuff going on that we don't know about but made her want to get away, no idea. And yeah, she could be the best of all Germans, so I don't think her move to the Czechs was very much based on not being able to make the German team (for example in the previous two teams she was quite clearly the third German behind Hermann and Lölling, Griebel only got a chance when Fernstädt didn't start and then was not very impressive).

Now I'm curious about something which I can't really find much about: Fernstädt was born in CZE, but when did she/her family go to Germany, any idea?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I just love that turn where they've got the little drop and then *woosh* to the left :wub:  (the one you always see from behind)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Start record, track record, fastest in all four heats, sixth world title, Dukurs says 'screw you' to this season :bowdown: 

1 godzinę temu, heywoodu napisał:

Dual citizenship or not, competing for your birth country is not strange by any stretch :p She definitely has the talent to make the German team though, I don't see Griebel being consistently better..

I didn't say it's strange ;) 

11 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Now I'm curious about something which I can't really find much about: Fernstädt was born in CZE, but when did she/her family go to Germany, any idea?

She moved to Germany when she was 1 year old. First she was gymnastic than started to train skeleton.