website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Hayden scratched the 100 free. So hopefully Kisil can qualify.

He didn't like great on the second leg of the prelims this morning. Resting for him is probably good. 

I'm guessing that we will get two under the A standard tonight. Liendo and Thormeyer looked like they were holding back a bit. 

Ruck looked better but still not her best today.

The 4x400 m mixed relay has been added to the La Classique d'Athletisme de Montreal, the last possible event for qualification. Im not sure if its possible, especially since the women will not have their best in the relay. They will need to run a 2-3 second NR to qualify atp.

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Great swim by Penny.  That time would have been good enough for bronze in 2016, so she's definitely getting back to her standard.  Liendo's time would get him safely into the final.  Great showing by both.  

Liendo is clearly on the rise. Looking forward to see what he can do. So weird all his events are near the end (except the relay). 

So it looks like Summer McIntosh isn’t on the start sheet for the 1500 tomorrow anymore. My guess is that Titley doesn’t want to over work her at the Olympics. And her winning the 200 free was probably not part of the Original plan. I suppose we’ll find out when they announce the team tomorrow but I fully expect her to be named for the 400 free and not the 1500m. 

15 minutes ago, james89 said:

So it looks like Summer McIntosh isn’t on the start sheet for the 1500 tomorrow anymore. My guess is that Titley doesn’t want to over work her at the Olympics. And her winning the 200 free was probably not part of the Original plan. I suppose we’ll find out when they announce the team tomorrow but I fully expect her to be named for the 400 free and not the 1500m. 

She doesn't actually need to swim the 1500m free at trials. Trials doesn't decide the team for the 800 and 1500, it's the best time between May 1st and the end of trials. As long as two people don't beat 16:15 at trials (which seems unlikely) Summer will get a spot in the 1500 if she wants it.