website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Doll on the podium is always a welcomed sight :)

As for Lithuanian results, see you in 2023, they won't get better here at Annecy :p 

Strolia is on course to make the mass start,so actually just by that,they should be able to get better

8 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Strolia is on course to make the mass start,so actually just by that,they should be able to get better

Finishing 30th in a mass start is not what I'm looking for from Strolia. 

He is absolutely cooked and probably one of the top 5 athletes at the World Cup desperately in need of a vacation.

Lithuanian athletes are never used to running the full world cup programme, because we never qualified anywhere and our rehabilitation team is not as big and dependable as other teams, so we are getting exposed here. 

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

He is absolutely cooked and probably one of the top 5 athletes at the World Cup desperately in need of a vacation.

Lithuanian athletes are never used to running the full world cup programme, because we never qualified anywhere and our rehabilitation team is not as big and dependable as other teams, so we are getting exposed here. 

I'm not seeing the tragady personally,France is historically bad for lithuanian biathletes,Strolia scored world cup points in france for the first time in like eleven or however many years for Lithuania last year.It's always rough there for them.Also he finished  26th in his first ever mass start not 30,i'm confident he could be around or in top 20 this time for the first one of the season,it's a mass start,those can be unpredictable,can't really just say he's guaranteed to be 30th there. 

Edited by Biathlonfan

15 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Also exposed to who ? Lithuanian fans ?,yeah i'm seeing a bit of concern over the form but i'm not the only one pointing out that it's France and he's actually doing better than he was last year overall at the same time,so really not a big deal.

Edited by Biathlonfan

7 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

Also exposed to who ? Lithuanian fans ?,yeah i'm seeing a bit of concern over the form but i'm not the only one pointing out that it's France and he's actually doing better than he was last year overall at the same time,so really not a big deal.

Exposed to every other national team that gets their athletes rehabilitated after the race better so that their leaders look fresh at every world cup and not at the 1st WC stop, 4th WC stop and so on, so on...

He's doing better than last year, but last year he wasn't DNF'ing from exhaustion, losing ski speed drastically at the very start of the season, when they didn't even have pre-season starts in Sjusjoen this season. With the shooting getting sluggish and ski speed going down with every single race, it's actually a question if he needs to skip the pursuit to have the strength to finish the mass start.

Karol, Tomas speed is dropping down with every single race as well.

If this is not exposing the fact that we don't have the fortitude and stamina to run a full world cup season, then I don't know what is.

I'm sure it's going to look better after the new year, but that's because of a break that everyone will get. And that's only if no one gets sick, because famously half of the team catches a cold during Christmas break :rolleyes:

Pokljuka is going to be the third venue in a row where we can say the magical words - "historically not good for Lithuanian biathletes". Really makes you wonder why we're only productive in four world cup circuit venues. 

17 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Exposed to every other national team that gets their athletes rehabilitated after the race better so that their leaders look fresh at every world cup and not at the 1st WC stop, 4th WC stop and so on, so on...

He's doing better than last year, but last year he wasn't DNF'ing from exhaustion, losing ski speed drastically at the very start of the season, when they didn't even have pre-season starts in Sjusjoen this season. With the shooting getting sluggish and ski speed going down with every single race, it's actually a question if he needs to skip the pursuit to have the strength to finish the mass start.

Karol, Tomas speed is dropping down with every single race as well.

If this is not exposing the fact that we don't have the fortitude and stamina to run a full world cup season, then I don't know what is.

I'm sure it's going to look better after the new year, but that's because of a break that everyone will get. And that's only if no one gets sick, because famously half of the team catches a cold during Christmas break :rolleyes:

Pokljuka is going to be the third venue in a row where we can say the magical words - "historically not good for Lithuanian biathletes". Really makes you wonder why we're only productive in four world cup circuit venues. 

The first point would matter,if we were among the leaders with the teams,we are not,and Strolia is the only one producing the top 15-30 results,among our guys,so how this is important to other teams i don't know.If he was seeing that after two rounds he was going down majorly,already had two mistakes and was starting to feel ill,then yeah actually it was for the best that he pulled out,him finishing wouldn't have made any diffrence he wouldn't have been in the points anyway.No i'm not saying that if he crashes out of the sprint points by missing like 4 shots in the first shooting of a sprint he should quit,but i found it to be fine in Austria,we don't know what's up with that,there wasn't a lot of info given,other then he ''suddenly felt ill,but he's fine now''.

As for the skipping the pursuit race idea,yeah seems some others agree with you and he looks like he would hang on to the 25th even with no points gained,so maybe that would be smart,that's for the coaches and him to decide.

And as for Pokljuka,yeah i'm seeing that his results for one haven't been anything to scream about there,but he also wasn't anywhere near as good with his [especially this year,shooting] and skiing in those years back,so chances that he will do pretty good i would say are high,i have no doubts his mindset will be about returning to the top 20,and i'll choose to remain positive about Dombrovski and Fomin,must admit i have given up on Kaukėnas at this point,it's been like three seasons of nothing.

Edited by Biathlonfan

30 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

The first point would matter,if we were among the leaders with the teams,we are not,and Strolia is the only one producing the top 15-30 results,among our guys,so how this is important to other teams i don't know.If he was seeing that after two rounds he was going down majorly,already had two mistakes and was starting to feel ill,then yeah actually it was for the best that he pulled out,him finishing wouldn't have made any diffrence he wouldn't have been in the points anyway.No i'm not saying that if he crashes out of the sprint points by missing like 4 shots in the first shooting of a sprint he should quit,but i found it to be fine in Austria,we don't know what's up with that,there wasn't a lot of info given,other then he ''suddenly felt ill,but he's fine now''.

As for the skipping the pursuit race idea,yeah seems some others agree with you and he looks like he would hang on to the 25th even with no points gained,so maybe that would be smart,that's for the coaches and him to decide.

And as for Pokljuka,yeah i'm seeing that his results for one haven't been anything to scream about there,but he also wasn't anywhere near as good with his [especially this year,shooting] and skiing in those years back,so chances that he will do pretty good i would say are high,i have no doubts his mindset will be about returning to the top 20,and i'll choose to remain positive about Dombrovski and Fomin,must admit i have given up on Kaukėnas at this point,it's been like three seasons of nothing.

The first point absolutely matters, because it has been a problem for Lithuanian biathlon during our entire existence, with Diana and Tomas struggling with the very same problems when they were at their peaks.

Dombrovski and other Lithuanian athletes struggle with this as well every single year, getting significantly worse with every ongoing race, so what if they're not amongst the leaders, the fact that Lithuanian biathletes have one of the quickest declines in form, usually being at full capacity for one world cup stage and then on survival mode till the next longer break, it is a very prominent problem. 

I'm not sure if I can remain positive about Dombrovski, if he is not threatening point positions with a single miss in a year with no Russians and Belarusians. 

As for Pokljuka, the shooting won't help, the track is probably the worst for Strolia overall. All of his worst ski speed performances come from Pokljuka. He'll probably be in the 30s with one miss just like here.