website statistics

Pacific Games 2019

Totallympics

Somehow these games have managed to find the most knowledgeable commentators. I’ve been impressed with their ability to know the happenings of the Pacific.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:PYF is now laying down a war dance, not sure what theirs is called as I’ve never seen theirs before...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Tokelau have broken into the Cupid Shuffle of hakas. This performance is super entertaining :d 

Wallis and Futuna have also broken into what can only be described as the college rave of hakas. That was also very fun to watch. They are the only country to perform their “war dance” with a smile.

I’m pretty sure the entire fricken population of Samoa is walking in the parade of nations.

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Wallis and Futuna have also broken into what can only be described as the college rave of hakas. That was also very fun to watch. They are the only country to perform their “war dance” with a smile.

Then I guess it's not a war dance. ;)

#banbestmen

How religious is Samoa? They have a Methodist priest blessing the games, a choir singing church hymns, and no sports take place on any Sundays during the games. I’m fine with politics and sports going together, but I draw the line at getting religion involved. 

For those interested, ITG is running a good live blog here: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1081714/samoa-2019-opening-ceremony-live-blog

Oh my god! They’ve tricked me into sitting through a mass. Jesus 1 - Olympian1010 0. 

One of Samoa’s premier archers, I mean politicians, is now speaking.

Edited by Olympian1010