website statistics

Pacific Games 2019

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Wow what a ceremony :wub:. I’m even more ready for these games now. I’ll post a replay when I find one because it’s well worth a watch.

Here is a replay of the ceremony from last night: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/opening-ceremony-pacific-games-samoa/

I know it’s a bit choppy for a while, but that’s how it was last night too. It gets better eventually.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Is there any news of telecast schedule for Day2?

Yes, Olympic Channel will have a 8 hour livestream featuring the sports of Beach Volleyball, Basketball, Rugby League 9s, and Football. It will begin in about 6-7 hours from now, and can be found in the TV section.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Particularly Weightlifting as it includes Commonwealth and Oceania championship.

I know, I’m not a fan of the setup.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Does that mean it counts as three competitions despite only competing once? I wonder how the Olympic ranking will handle it.

I believe the commonwealth championships are separate and being held a day before the 2019 Pacific Games/Oceania Championships Combined competition, but I could be wrong.

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe the commonwealth championships are separate and being held a day before the 2019 Pacific Games/Oceania Championships Combined competition, but I could be wrong.

No it is held on same days. The timings are also the same.  

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Does that mean it counts as three competitions despite only competing once? I wonder how the Olympic ranking will handle it.

No I guess all the lifts of Commonwealth countries and Pacific games which are part of Oceania will go to Oceania championship as it is Gold level.