website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Would be nice to see a multisport event in São Paulo.

Do you think they have plans to host the Olympics anytime soon? Rio concreted their plans with the success of 2007 Panamerican games.

São Paulo is kinda ugly but its a very nice, cosmopolite and very rich City, so, nothing is impossible in the next lets say, 20 years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Would be nice to see a multisport event in São Paulo.

Do you think they have plans to host the Olympics anytime soon? Rio concreted their plans with the success of 2007 Panamerican games.

São Paulo is kinda ugly but its a very nice, cosmopolite and very rich City, so, nothing is impossible in the next lets say, 20 years.

Venues arent an issue here. We have plenty of stadiums and arenas already built to host most of the Panamerican Sports. Even Surfing could be held in an artificial pool haha.

But I cant see Brazil trying to host Olympics again in a near future.

24 minutes ago, Laraja said:

But I cant see Brazil trying to host Olympics again in a near future.

Yeah, IOC might need a hot minute to warm up to the idea of Brazil hosting again.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Now it's official: São Paulo is bidding to host the 2031 Pan American Games. I guess Rio's plans won't go any further?

@LuizGuilherme and @Laraja while São Paulo is a rich city with many venues, I would say they'll have much more work to be done than Rio in case they win the hosting rights. Anyway, I would love a multi-sport games in SP since I have family there - and they live pretty close to a subway station :p

57 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Now it's official: São Paulo is bidding to host the 2031 Pan American Games. I guess Rio's plans won't go any further?

@LuizGuilherme and @Laraja while São Paulo is a rich city with many venues, I would say they'll have much more work to be done than Rio in case they win the hosting rights. Anyway, I would love a multi-sport games in SP since I have family there - and they live pretty close to a subway station :p

Where do you think the Opening Ceremony would be?

I would love to have this event taking place in my city. As you said, so easy to go everywhere. But why do you think they would have much more work to do? The venus are basically done. The problem could be the distances from a village to the venues, but the public transportation usually works fine in these kind of events.

4 hours ago, Laraja said:

Where do you think the Opening Ceremony would be?

I would love to have this event taking place in my city. As you said, so easy to go everywhere. But why do you think they would have much more work to do? The venus are basically done. The problem could be the distances from a village to the venues, but the public transportation usually works fine in these kind of events.

I think some of the venues are old or need a little refurbishment. Maybe not a huge factor for the Pan Am Games?

About the OC, maybe in one of the bigger stadiums? But I really would love if they did something different.

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Just like @intoronto predicted a few days ago, São Paulo is interested in hosting the 2027 Pan American Games in case Barranquilla can't. Apparently, the colombian city is late in paying $8mi for the hosting rights :mumble:

Honestly I hope they reallocate it. Apparently there are a lot of venue issues with Bareanquilla, for ex. Canoeing will need to be in Cali

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Honestly I hope they reallocate it. Apparently there are a lot of venue issues with Bareanquilla, for ex. Canoeing will need to be in Cali

Cali hosted a couple of events during the 2018 CAC Games. A duel Cali/Barranquilla bid might not be the worst thing in the world (other than the distance between the two)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cali hosted a couple of events during the 2018 CAC Games. A duel Cali/Barranquilla bid might not be the worst thing in the world (other than the distance between the two)

Didn't Cali hosted the Junior Pan American Games? Barely watched anything from that, but in my mind I thought they were better equipped compared to Barranquilla. Don't know if they're interested, though.