website statistics

Football 2019 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

So CAF president was there, nothing changed. Referee went to the VAR screen (finally!) for 10 seconds, went back to the pitch.....and nothing happened :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@thepharoah Dutch commentator says "They're going to look whether or not VAR can be used relatively soon, if not, this match will be replayed"

Anything similar on Egyptian TV? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@thepharoah Dutch commentator says "They're going to look whether or not VAR can be used relatively soon, if not, this match will be replayed"

Anything similar on Egyptian TV? :p 

no , nothing was mentioned on BEIN Sports about replaying the match

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

no , nothing was mentioned on BEIN Sports about replaying the match

Odd. I find it hard to imagine Dutch TV would know more than BEIN Sports about this, but I find it even harder to imagine a commentator would just make that up :p 

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I think it's fair enough to replay the game , ofc if the 2 teams weren't aware of this incident 

But how would replaying the entire game be fair? What's wrong with restarting (now or at another date) from the 63rd minute with a 1-1 score? Replaying the whole thing seems rather unfair to Esperance, not counting the goal is unfair to Wydad.

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But how would replaying the entire game be fair? What's wrong with restarting (now or at another date) from the 63rd minute with a 1-1 score? Replaying the whole thing seems rather unfair to Esperance, not counting the goal is unfair to Wydad.

well this wouldn't be fair enough either , as long as some decisions were controversial before the goal and they weren't looked at the VAR also 

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

well this wouldn't be fair enough either , as long as some decisions were controversial before the goal and they weren't looked at the VAR also 

Oh I missed that, I just tuned in when I saw the match was interrupted :d 

Referees wearing their jackets, time to sleep :p 

i turned off the channel , this's just bullshit , yes it happened even in UCL and Europa league this season , but ofc the final match must be a different story , CAF is much responsible for this accident , well this's the 2nd big final match that will be replayed at least per predictions till now after Copa Libertadores final last year