website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

Somehow I am very curious to know how come so many bad things happen inside Denmark badminton? Did Steen Pedersen left Denmark coaching bench to become commentators for BWF because of all the mess?

I guess only the players and Badminton Denmark are the only ones who know why Danish badminton has turned in to such a mess. I can probably try to contact the badminton experts on danish tv to hear if they know why there have been so many conflicts in the recent years.

Steen Pedersen trained the players when they were in conflict with Badminton Denmark. He was clearly annoyed by the situation Danish badminton was in, but he is not considering returing as national coach at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I guess only the players and Badminton Denmark are the only ones who know why Danish badminton has turned in to such a mess. I can probably try to contact the badminton experts on danish tv to hear if they know why there have been so many conflicts in the recent years.

Steen Pedersen trained the players when they were in conflict with Badminton Denmark. He was clearly annoyed by the situation Danish badminton was in, but he is not considering returing as national coach at the moment. 

This is all pretty sad right?

15 minutes ago, up and down said:

This is all pretty sad right?

Yes it is.

A situation with conflicts is not the optimal way of creating new talents for the future. I would much rather prefer a stable situation, where players could train and develop their play. I'm also frustrated to see the lack of female singles talents. Mia Blichfeldt is okay, max a top 10 player, not a top 5. I miss players like Tine Baun/Rasmussen, Camilla Martin, and before my time, Lene Koppen. I do not understand why we can't develop a good Women's Singles player? We can develop male Singles players and male Doubles players.  Women's Doubles is not looking good either. After Kamilla Rytter Juhl and Christina Pedersen decided to have a child together, and Kamilla decided to carry their child, we didn't have a second pair to take over for them. We have zero relevance in Women's Doubles at the moment. 

Edited by wumo26

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Yes it is.

A situation with conflicts is not the optimal way of creating new talents for the future. I would much rather prefer a stable situation, where players could train and develop their play. I'm also frustrated to see the lack of female singles talents. Mia Blichfeldt is okay, max a top 10 player, not a top 5. I miss players like Tine Baun/Rasmussen, Camilla Martin, and before my time, Lene Koppen. I do not understand why we can't develop a good Women's Singles player? We can develop male Singles players and male Doubles players.  Women's Doubles is not looking good either. After Kamilla Rytter Juhl and Christina Pedersen decided to have a child together, and Kamilla decided to carry their child, we didn't have a second pair to take over for them. We have zero relevance in Women's Doubles at the moment. 

Yes it is really pitiful too. However MS and MD is doing a good job. One thing for sure female sector does look weak for Denmark.

12 hours ago, wumo26 said:

We have a Chinese user here on the forum. 

I will tag him. He can maybe translate it . 

@Function CR Lee Could you translate this?:

The link to this article is:http://www.aiyuke.com/news/2019/02/n108f9d86a34.html

The content of the article is roughly the same:

two weeks ago, the Danish Badminton Association finally signed a collective agreement with the players, and Axelsen, Antonsson, Anders/Sorrensen returned to the Danish national team. Happy, but the female single player Mia was isolated by her teammates.

Because when everyone collectively boycotted the Danish Badminton Association, only Mia chose to compromise and signed a personal agreement with the Danish Badminton Association in advance.

Although everyone is returning to the national team today, Mia feels that everyone is looking at her with "colored glasses."

Recently, the Danish badminton team is participating in the European Badminton Mixed Team Championship. Mia believes that the mood of the team is a bit different from the previous ones. Some teammates are not waiting to see Mia.

Mia said that she didn't want to spend energy to think about these bad things. She would normally say hello to her teammates as before, but it would be their business.

2 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

The link to this article is:http://www.aiyuke.com/news/2019/02/n108f9d86a34.html

The content of the article is roughly the same:

two weeks ago, the Danish Badminton Association finally signed a collective agreement with the players, and Axelsen, Antonsson, Anders/Sorrensen returned to the Danish national team. Happy, but the female single player Mia was isolated by her teammates.

Because when everyone collectively boycotted the Danish Badminton Association, only Mia chose to compromise and signed a personal agreement with the Danish Badminton Association in advance.

Although everyone is returning to the national team today, Mia feels that everyone is looking at her with "colored glasses."

Recently, the Danish badminton team is participating in the European Badminton Mixed Team Championship. Mia believes that the mood of the team is a bit different from the previous ones. Some teammates are not waiting to see Mia.

Mia said that she didn't want to spend energy to think about these bad things. She would normally say hello to her teammates as before, but it would be their business.

Thank you very much for your translation.

@Function CR Lee

I need to confirm some things here with you with regards to China badminton. Has Qiao Bin quit playing? Then Tang Jin Hua and Yu Xiaohan also quit playing? Why did they quit playing? What about Tang Yuantign and Bao Yixin? They also quit playing?

Edited by up and down

2 minutes ago, up and down said:

I need to confirm some things here with you with regards to China badminton. Has Qiao Bin quit playing? Then Tang Jin Hua and Yu Xiaohan also quit playing?

They are still playing badminton, Tang Jinhua and Yu Xiaohan are in the national team, Qiao Bin is not in the national team for the time being.

2 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

They are still playing badminton, Tang Jinhua and Yu Xiaohan are in the national team, Qiao Bin is not in the national team for the time being.

But Tang Jinhua / Yu Xiaohan name have both been withdrawn from a string of tournaments. Did they actually went back to their hometown and quit playing already?

Edited by up and down

3 minutes ago, up and down said:

But Tang Jinhua / Yu Xiaohan name have both been withdrawn from a string of tournaments. Did they actually went back to their hometown and quit playing already?

No, they are still in the national team. As for what is the reason for withdrawn, I am not quite sure.