website statistics

Swimming

4 hours ago, orangeman said:

Why?

Don't worry. She's not abandoning us. :d

She's based in Spain and like Josh said, probably wants to get in some racing before the Olympics. Most Canadians are at a competition this week.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

4 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Don't worry. She's not abandoning us. :d

She's based in Spain and like Josh said, probably wants to get in some racing before the Olympics. Most Canadians are at a competition this week.

She’s done a couple of meets since the Canadian trials but she’s only swam the 50m back. Curious what she races at this meet 

5 minutes ago, james89 said:

She’s done a couple of meets since the Canadian trials but she’s only swam the 50m back. Curious what she races at this meet 

She did the 100 back prelims today in 59.19 but scratched the final.

Solid time for her.

I don't see any psych sheets for the mel zajac meet but heat sheets for day 1 are out.

Lorne Wigginton is entered in the 400 IM. Not sure if he's rested for this meet or not but it's worth keeping an eye on.

Also there are a lot of international swimmers present especially compared to previous years. Kayla Sanchez is one of them. Probably because of it being an Olympic qualification event.

Not sure how this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but Illya Kharun recorded a new PB of 51.02 in the men’s 100m butterfly at Mel Zajac! Not typically a fast meet/pool, so this is a great sign for the upcoming month ahead. 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:47 PM, Topicmaster1010 said:

Unfortunately, Oleksiak did not get the qualifying time. Now she needs to hope for a B-standard invite.

I’m kind of happy because she can put all her effort into the relays . She can swim prelims and finals. Her chances of an individual medal were slim 

56 minutes ago, Josh said:

Not sure how this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but Illya Kharun recorded a new PB of 51.02 in the men’s 100m butterfly at Mel Zajac! Not typically a fast meet/pool, so this is a great sign for the upcoming month ahead. 

He beat Liendo to win gold :) 

I am assuming most of the Canadians here are untapered? @Topicmaster1010

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

He beat Liendo to win gold :) 

I am assuming most of the Canadians here are untapered? @Topicmaster1010

I’m not him, but yeah there’s absolutely no chance. Not sure why they would taper for a random meet when the Olympics is only a month away. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’m not him, but yeah there’s absolutely no chance. Not sure why they would taper for a random meet when the Olympics is only a month away. 

Yea; some of the times are wtf? As in way behind trials times, so I was starting to get worried.