website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

5 hours ago, phelps said:

well, that's another story

Old Italian IOC Member Franco Carraro said that most likely there won't be any high ranking official to the Opening Ceremony because they (and also the organizers, even if they will never admit that) are afraid of a possible terrorist attack by the Islamic supporters related to the :ISR vs Hamas (& friends) current situation

the only people outside :UKR and :RUS still talking of that conflict are those idiots running the EU, nobody else cares about that anymore

here we may agree, Hamas and friends are good at terrorist attacks, French are bad at stopping terrorist attacks, this is the worst (???) possible combo

5 hours ago, phelps said:

well, that's another story

the only people outside :UKR and :RUS still talking of that conflict are those idiots running the EU, nobody else cares about that anymore

here we disagree 100%, we in POL care a lot about this "conflict" (i have other words for that) but maybe we are biased - we have this war just around our corner, we know many UKR people, we have boarder both with UKR and RUS, this is not an easy situation

but ofc not many people here care about Lampedusa and stuff like that, this is far away from here and so on...

Edited by rafalgorka

6 hours ago, Mateus Nagime said:

I truly don't understand how they are so enraged by Russian / Belarussian participation and don't condemn other "agressor" countries with "blood on their hands".

I have a word for that. It's called "politics".

6 hours ago, phelps said:

Swimming will be interesting, so to say :rolleyes: :facepalm:

my oh my... you are so right here... still hope those not-controlled swimmers won't show up. If you are out because you missed 3 tests in a year, how can you be in if you haven't been tested for 3 years-in-a-row???...

i am working so hard all week long and i just don't wanna have poorly made drinks on Friday evening

i am working so hard all year long and i just don't wanna have swimming competition spoilt during olympics...

5 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

That's not the worry.

The fear isn't, and never was, Moscow 1980 or Los Angeles 1984 for anyone but Bach and his own personal gripes.

The fear is Munich 1972.

A couple of hotheads who think they can strike a blow for freedom if they attack some judoku or gymnast aligned to the Russian Army club coming out of the cantina.

Put it this way. I would REALLY not be comfortable sharing a tower block in Paris with AIN athletes. I don't like the odds.

Agree 100%, after this comment there is not much left to write here on the topic. Full stop.