website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2021

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Bulgaria Olympic champions, Harnasko world champion and now Italy's group world champions.

I absolutely HATE this code of points, but after suffering through it for 5 years, we finally were rewarded with the most deserving groups and individuals finally getting a gold medal.

This code is just a sh** :)

Luckily this was the last time that we see that, we'll back to the REAL rhythmic gymnastics and not just apparatus difficulty :p

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Luckily this was the last time that we see that, we'll back to the REAL rhythmic gymnastics and not just apparatus difficulty :p

So Bulgaria should be winning all the time, if we are going back to REAL RG, just like in the 20th century :p

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not a fan of the upcoming code of points either. The reinclusion of an artistic score doesn't do much to change things since difficulty will still play a big role in the final score. Even Bulgaria had to drastically alter their routines losing a lot of charm and artistic value so they could focus on higher difficulty and win the Olympic gold medal. Bulgaria is still miles ahead of Russia in artistry, but their routines were even more beautiful when choreography was explored more than difficulty.

The way I see it, with the return of the artistic score, I wish we could have split routines in groups: one artistic routine and one technical routine. Maybe one free, open routine could be added too, and an all-around event with the sum of the three routines. In theory, the artistic presentation should enable countries like China, Uzbekistan and Mexico to win medals at the World Championships. The way things are now, not even traditional nations in this sport, like Ukraine, can win medals at the World Championships anymore!

Also, I would like FIG to return with the 4 Continents Championships. There are great gymnasts from USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, North and South Korea who have no chance of winning medals at the World Championships despite huge improvements.