website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC T20 World Cup 2022

Totallympics

46 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

Again a Dutch victory, after batting second. A small defeat against Sri Lanka in the third match should suffice.

As I suggested yesterday its looking like a three way tie between :NAM :SRI and :NED unless the Dutch beat Sri Lanka in their last group match. I'm certain Namibia will have a better run rate than the Netherlands so I'd make them favourites to qualify. As for Sri Lanka and the Netherlands the latter have a clear advantage at the moment but that's likely to close, perhaps even be eradicated if the Sri Lankans have a big win later on against :UAE. Ironically that game is potentially crucial to Dutch chances of qualifying if they don't beat SL themselves.

8 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

My post was based in the mistaken assumption that two teams would qualify

Two will qualify. If Namibia beat UAE as they should they are guaranteed a spot as they can't be overtaken by both the other two challengers. SL and the Netherlands will then be in a battle for the second spot. The Netherlands win and they're through. If not it comes down to run rate. We'll have a better idea of what the Netherlands needs to do after the SL v UAE game. If Netherlands maintains a run rate advantage after that then a narrowish defeat against SL might still be enough.

Mind you the Netherlands will also qualify if Namibia lose to UAE but they won't want to rely on that happening.

Edited by Nickyc707

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Two will qualify. If Namibia beat UAE as they should they are guaranteed a spot as they can't be overtaken by both the other two challengers. SL and the Netherlands will then be in a battle for the second spot. The Netherlands win and they're through. If not it comes down to run rate. We'll have a better idea of what the Netherlands needs to do after the SL v UAE game. If Netherlands maintains a run rate advantage after that then a narrowish defeat against SL might still be enough.

Mind you the Netherlands will also qualify if Namibia lose to UAE but they won't want to rely on that happening.

:NED   4 pts     0.149 Run rate

:NAM   2 pts     1.277

:SRI   2 pts     0.600

:UAE   0 pts     -2.028

SL beat the UAE comfortably and now have a better run rate than the Netherlands so the Dutch will have to beat SL in their final round one match or hope that Namibia lose to the UAE.

If SL finish second I believe they'll be in the same group as :BAN :IND and :PAK in the next round which will be fun.

Edited by Nickyc707

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

:WIS beat :ZIM

Ireland beat :SCO

Everyone level on points

On the run rate tiebreaker it looks like this

Scotland +0.75

Zimbabwe 0

West Indies -0.27

Ireland -O.48

NRR would only matter to decide who goes in which Super 12 group. Winners of :IRL vs :WIS and :ZIM vs :SCO would advance to the next stage.