website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Adriano said:

With Macao, Anguilla and etc there?

Yup. Even the São Tomé e Príncipe male swimmer with 46.20 at 50 m freestyle.

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

Entry list?

At the very bottom.

According to the summary here, there are at least 276 tickets to Paris left but 316 eligible Universality swimmers. That would also mean there won't be any OCT invitations given if everyone accepts their quotas. If I understand the rules correctly.

No, there can only be a maximum of 2 per unqualified nation (one manm one woman). That list have several names for some country but only one of them will get the spot

3 hours ago, Kerkun said:

According to the summary here, there are at least 276 tickets to Paris left but 316 eligible Universality swimmers. That would also mean there won't be any OCT invitations given if everyone accepts their quotas. If I understand the rules correctly.

The qualification summary isn't quite right. Some of the countries haven't announced their rosters yet and I expect that the majority won't use all their assigned relay quotas so I would expect a few more quotas to open up hopefully. I'll update it when other rosters are announced.

:GRE announced our final team (we snuck in a few relay-only swimmers :p) for Paris, there will be a total of 17 swimmers (14 men and 3 women), which is our largest swimming team since Beijing 2008 where we had 18 :yikes:

Back then also it was easier to qualify and there were more quotas available, so really this is so good for us. We went from 18 in Beijing, to 14 in each of London and Rio, then 12 in Tokyo and now back up to 17. Often we complain about various sport federations so I want to give some credit to our aquatics federation and the swimming coaches for doing such a great job, hopefully we can continue this trend :yes

I'm not sure why we have so few women in swimming, it didn't used to be that way but I wonder if a lot of the girls are choosing artistic swimming so we are 'losing' them to that sport...

19 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

The qualification summary isn't quite right. Some of the countries haven't announced their rosters yet and I expect that the majority won't use all their assigned relay quotas so I would expect a few more quotas to open up hopefully. I'll update it when other rosters are announced.

When can we expect the universality spots to be made official

by FINA? 

A swimmer has an OQT in event A and an OCT in event B.

There isn't anyone with an OQT from that NOC in event B.

Is that swimmer allowed to start in both events?

My answer would be certainly not, but apparently our federation thinks they are. 

20 minutes ago, maestro said:

A swimmer has an OQT in event A and an OCT in event B.

There isn't anyone with an OQT from that NOC in event B.

Is that swimmer allowed to start in both events?

My answer would be certainly not, but apparently our federation thinks they are. 

Yea that’s right, you can. If a swimmer has an A cut they are allowed to enter one other event with a B cut if their nation doesn’t already have an entry