website statistics

Diving Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

From Qualification document:

image.png

I know that, thanks for answer. But for you it means that next athlete from the same event will go? From previous OG I thought the quota goes differently. Moreover in this OG system document they said "they will try have the equality in gender"

1 hour ago, Cmon Mary said:

:GBR will be returning Individual quotas (I think) as they confirm their divers today, with 3 Women and 2 Men doubling up in Individual and Synchro.

https://www.teamgb.com/article/team-gb-diving-line-up-complete-for-paris-2024/5zbiIY4IOOwjgsl5m8KaaJ

By my limited calculation, GB are returning 5 individual quotas 1 M3, 1M10, 1W3 and 2 W10. Probably for the first time GB have also had to leave some serious players at home - Daniel Goodfellow's stumble at the British Champs has cost him, and Eden Cheng, European 10m champion has had to give way to Lois Toulson despite a really good showing without funding at British champs. It's an unusual and pleasant situation to be in.

Flipping hats :IRL I better go an remind myself where Jake Passmore is on the list....joys of double loyalties...

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

By my limited calculation, GB are returning 5 individual quotas 1 M3, 1M10, 1W3 and 2 W10. Probably for the first time GB have also had to leave some serious players at home - Daniel Goodfellow's stumble at the British Champs has cost him, and Eden Cheng, European 10m champion has had to give way to Lois Toulson despite a really good showing without funding at British champs. It's an unusual and pleasant situation to be in.

Flipping hats :IRL I better go an remind myself where Jake Passmore is on the list....joys of double loyalties...

He is so high, he will take it for sure.

5 hours ago, Adriano said:

I know that, thanks for answer. But for you it means that next athlete from the same event will go? From previous OG I thought the quota goes differently. Moreover in this OG system document they said "they will try have the equality in gender"

Typically the sum of athletes competing in the respective synchro and individual event should be 34.

It gets a bit complicated when a diver competes in both the 3m and 10m events, World Aquatics becomes inconsistent when that happens.

30 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Typically the sum of athletes competing in the respective synchro and individual event should be 34.

It gets a bit complicated when a diver competes in both the 3m and 10m events, World Aquatics becomes inconsistent when that happens.

So for now - it will be like 1 place for trampoline and 4/5 for platform :D

More doubles are for platform.

I've done a simmulation, based on the info I gathered from NOC's / National Federations, and Wikipedia to some extent.

Considering the 68 cap per gender, and the likely 34 per 3m/10m categories, I've came up with this scenario.

DIVING.xlsx

So if users from China/Canada/Australia/Italy/Ukraine can confirm some of the expected entries, I will update that table.

36 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I've done a simmulation, based on the info I gathered from NOC's / National Federations, and Wikipedia to some extent.

Considering the 68 cap per gender, and the likely 34 per 3m/10m categories, I've came up with this scenario.

DIVING.xlsx 14.73 kB · 6 downloads

So if users from China/Canada/Australia/Italy/Ukraine can confirm some of the expected entries, I will update that table.

Canada named 5 divers:

Rylan Wiens/Nathan ZM - Men

Kate Miller/Caeli McKay - 10 m women

Margo Erlam - women's 3 m

On 6/12/2024 at 5:08 AM, Adriano said:

I think this is as clear as any World Aquatics document is... very unclear hahaha

They tend to make things dubious I guess to decide later what is the best. 
For me, it should go position by position, but hard to know indeed.

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada named 5 divers:

Rylan Wiens/Nathan ZM - Men

Kate Miller/Caeli McKay - 10 m women

Margo Erlam - women's 3 m

So just to be clear McKay & the boys are competing in synchro and individual right?