website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Truthfully, I’m not 100% certain, but I’ll lock in: A. Milk

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

There’s some Risk to this question, and my mind can feel a bit Scrabbled at times. However, I do have a Cluedo as to what the correct answers is, and for that reason, I’ll choose: D. Monopoly

”Go To Jail” might sound like a harsh square to land on, but it’s worth remembering the original version of the board game Life had a “suicide” square.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
2 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Haha, hopefully not the first. ;)

I suppose the pedologist would have been your downfall but the best thing is, here comes a completely new, random stack.

Do you wish to continue the tradition with 3 lifelines or opt for the 4th?

This will probably be a dumb decision in the grand scheme of things, but let’s make this game interesting. I’ll take 4.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

@Quasit I’m ready to walk in confident and miss the first question like a fool, so let’s do this!

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
Just now, Quasit said:

And a podiatrist has to do with feet.

Yeah, I just searched it. Latin and Greek both have “Ped” as a root, but Latin adds an “o” (so Pedo) to mean feet.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I was certain he missed that. Why is the device that measures steps called a “pedometer” then. I thought “pedo” is the Greek root for foot/feet?

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Whelp, I’m gonna pull out my phone and take a look at my pedometer :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

You picked right, as I'm absolutely sure about this one:

The answer would be A: Helium, which comes from the name Helios, given to the Greek Titan of Sun, ans serves as a prefyx in some languages for sun related words.

Plus, Hydro is associated with water (hydration, hydroelectric, etc.), Argon is a old Spanish Kingdom and the name of Jason’s vessel, and Lithium just seems wrong :p

Also, people sometimes confuse Helios and Apollo (saying that Helios is the Sun God and Apollo is something else), but the easiest way to remember that is by thinking about the flame lighting ceremony for the Olympics. The High Preistess “prays” to Apollo, not to Helios :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

C. Spaghetti Junction

I’m glad you got that right, I feared the English slang would make that an impastable question for you :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
Just now, hckosice said:

and a bagel would be hard to catch even for top sprinters :d

Yeah, but that ring shape would actually be easier to grab.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I’m pretty sure most Basins would be much larger than the actual distance of the relay :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I am not sure how it is elsewhere, especially in Lalaland...but here under the Tatras it should be definitely "C" :old:

The expert agrees with that answer.

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
5 hours ago, Dnl said:

not that big of news but, i've got vaccinated yesterday so if you got any question, or something else that interest you(symptoms, pain or anything else..) feel free to ask:yes

Do you know which company’s vaccination you got?

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
4 minutes ago, Quasit said:

If any of you wants to play this weekend, Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th, please let me know.

@Olympian1010 @hckosice @Dolby @Wanderer

I’d like a go on Sat. 9th