website statistics
Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News
Posted
3 hours ago, dcro said:

Smoking and Olympics put together always reminds of Mark Todd, who literally smoked a cigarette in front of a camera while he was waiting to see if he'll get a gold or silver at the 1984 Games. :lol:

LA or Sarajevo (oh spelled that wrong)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, vinipereira said:

I'm so used to Rio pictograms that it will be strange when they are replaced :d

I just hope there a little more unique than Pyeongchang’s. Rio’s and Buenos Aires’s were cool (and my favorites)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
16 minutes ago, bestmen said:

wanted to donate your iPhone XR ?:lol:

No, but I don’t have like 5-6 old phones, 2 old laptops, and a old game console to donate because I refuse to throw things away.

Posted
1 hour ago, bestmen said:

it seems only japaneses can donate ,that's why the method  is in  japanese , use translate :dunno:

Collections are within Japan only. See the Japanese language page for details.

Tokyo 2020 Medal Project(Japanese)

I’m boycotting the games then.

Achievement rate    Metals collected      Target
Gold 54.5%                     16.5kg              30.3kg  
Silver 43.9%                       1,800kg             4,100kg  
Bronze 100%                     2,700kg             2,700kg  

Reveal hidden contents

photo-11-EN.jpg

photo-14-EN.jpg

photo-12-EN.jpg

Does anyone know where you might to able donate your old machines for the cause if your not living in Japan

3 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Let’s make a poll. Do you think it would be fair allowing nations who qualifies the largest boat (k4?) to enter a second boat in the other events if they use the same athletes?  (That is, without using other quotas). Or a boat in general, if for some reason they did not qualify for example in K1?. Personally I think it is, for all the sports in general: I think it will allow best nations and athletes to compete, some quotas will be given to enlarge the universality and I think that the mean level goes up this way. On the other hand, if a nation is absolutely dominating, it is like gifted medals, and I’m not sure everybody will agree with this.

I think 2 boats would up the competition standards, but it would be an unnecessary addition to the games. Part of the fun of Canoeing at the Olympics (for me at least) is that every nation can only have one boat per event. Plus, it would take away from other nations (as in bye-bye Palau)

Posted

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Did he just troll us?

19 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It will probably favour the american viewers? Which of course is good for brazilians that share the same time zone :d (in Pyeongchang I slept most of the days because nothing was happening at dawn, except maybe some Cross Country and Curling).

Murica!

30 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, here in Europe it's not like that...

it's not a question of being sexist...it's really like @dcro wrote...

most girls here are not really interested in sports (especially some not so popular disciplines not seen as "female oriented"), even when they're given the same exact opportunities as the boys...

Right, but it still stands that most culture discourages women from participating in sports. There is also a lack of money and funding for women’s sports because of sexist beliefs. How are women supposed to be motivated, if men do not support them and only discourage them.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Nope, they will use an awful format.

71cff73a-ccfd-440e-b04d-91625b6c3604.jpg

I actually think this format is perfect

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

I disagree. I think women in general are less interested in sports than men. Totallympics too for example has way more male users than female users, and that's not because Sindo awards fewer account quotas to women (well, I hope not :p).

It's just a fact of life imo. There are way more men doing sports than women, and that's not because women are giving up because they have (slightly) fewer Olympic quotas on offer than men. Well, that's at least the case in liberal countries...

I’m sorry but I find this incredibly sexist and wrong. Woman are “not interested” Sport because those in charge of culture and sports (the all boys club) have not given them opportunities.

18 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

This gender equality is a joke... I really hope that Bach will be finish end his career in the IOC

I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I think Women’s event fail to grow to the level of men’s because they are not given the same opportunities. This is a good change.

3023B0E0-ECA9-486C-BC3F-82CF9D4704A3.thumb.png.7ccc48c64f2cc4dd7b8d2460d3432632.pngCDD765ED-BAB3-4B58-BBF4-0DF1BAAB4D6A.thumb.png.4379e2b80d35a1c80f816bffcbaccfa4.pngD8063386-629D-45BC-88D9-42BF6FCF8CBB.thumb.png.f4869ce022002650bfcadb4b7d2b25ed.pngI have this where I save all of the qualification systems 

8 hours ago, CCB said:

In women's we would have something like this today:

A China Germany Puerto Rico Cuba
B USA, Turkey, Belgium, Azerbeidzjan
C Serbia Argentina Thailand Czech Republic
D Brazil, Korea, Bulgaria, Poland
E Russia Dominican Republic Cameroon Kazachstan
F Italy Netherlands Croatia Canada

The system is clear. 

Will these qualificationpools played before or after the Continental Championships?

I would imagine before, to make only unqualified teams at the continental tournaments