:BUL Bulgaria

:CAN Canada

:CHN China

:MEX Mexico

:NED Netherlands

:POL Poland

21 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Will Mazzanti be fired this time? :d

Don't have high hopes. I'm sure he will talk about his processo and blah, blah and he will most likely stay in his place. Also have in mind that FIPAV rules don't allow the national team coach to work at a club, which means available replacement options are rather limited. In the end it will come down to whether or not FIPAV feels there is a need for a scapegoat to put the blame. 

Edited by maestro

16 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Poland can qualify with a loss only if they lose to Italy with more sets won than USA vs Germany.

USA only needs to win two sets vs Germany and they qualify no matter what is the result of Italy vs Poland.

Poland basically has to win at least two sets to stand a chance. If they lose 1-3 the only result for them is Germany win 3-0 which is the least probable out of the entire set IMO.

F6vGL7jWEAAsoxm?format=png&name=900x900

I think there is one mistake in the table. If Italy and USA both lose 2-3, qualifiers will be Poland and Italy, not Poland and USA. Italy has a better set ratio than the US and if their result today is the same, Italy will stay above in the standings. 

9 hours ago, phelps said:

I'm really happy...I expected them to lose games against :KOR:THA and others (not only vs "powehouses" like :POL and :USA)

meanwhile they're winning those matches and yesterday playing also with a lot of reserves of this team of 3rd tier players and yesterday we did even see our usual "libero" (a midget, in volleyball terms) playing in an attacking role (she did even smashed a pipe shot from the 2nd line :yikes: :roflmao:)

and all this, despite a setter that can't play a ball in the area of any hitter (not saying a precise pass, just a reasonably decent one) and "that man" on the bench

we're doing so much beyond expectations, I couldn't be happier and more surprised (even if we just played luoghable opponents so far) :yikes: :lol: :smoke:

You can find all team rosters below.

Group A

:CAN Canada

:CHN China

:CZE Czechia

:DOM Dominican Republic

:MEX Mexico

:NED Netherlands

:SRB Serbia

:UKR Ukraine

Group B

:ARG Argentina

:BEL Belgium

:BRA Brazil

:BUL Bulgaria

:JPN Japan

:PER Peru

:PUR Puerto Rico

:TUR Türkiye

Group C

:COL Colombia

:GER Germany

:ITA Italy

:KOR Republic of Korea

:POL Poland

:SLO Slovenia

:THA Thailand

:USA USA

Edited by maestro

2 hours ago, CCB said:

Do you know why the (poor) results of Canada from 6th-21st August doesn't count for the World Ranking? I see Canada played against Mexico, Peru, USA, Argentina, Colombia and so on. Results of Puerto Rico, Mexico and other lower ranked teams are counting for the World Ranking. But for Canada, USA, Dominican Republic they don't.

Because of the following rule.

Matches from other annual official events organized by Continental Confederations shall not be considered for the World Ranking if those matches include teams participating in the official FIVB events in the same year. For the avoidance of doubt, matches in the same tournament which do not involve teams who participate in official FIVB events in a given year are eligible for the FIVB World Ranking.

Canada, USA and Dominican Republic played in VNL (FIVB event) this year, therefore their results in annual NORCECA competitions don't count for world ranking purposes. 

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Close to 2.7 millions viewers for the final Italy, which tbh doesn't seem that impressive:

https://www.volleyball.it/europei-f-2-600-000-di-telespettatori-per-loro-europeo/

I can't say if tv numbers were good, but with 20,565 spectators in the stadium, the match broke the record for most spectators in a women's indoor volleyball match.