website statistics
50 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Admittedly I lost track of the :JPN golds in judo but yeah, it was always more than 10. That was one of the easier 'YES' bets.

Medallists from 2004 Athens games should also be an easy 'YES' even if someone only counted for Allyson Felix as the most obvious name. Zagunis, Cassara in team fencing and the immortal Formiga in women's football still viable options to choose from :p

The bet says medalists in individual events though :p So team sports and team events in general don't count.

I suggested "Japan wins 7 golds in Judo" but Wumo for some reason changed it to just 7 medals, which is an obvious yes.

About bet contest...

55- has spelling mistake.

100- Means they will have 2 in men's top 6 and 2 in women's top 6, right?

107- Can you clarify this a bit? 

119- it means the first medal in this sport, not necessarily the first medal overall for the country, right?

125 - "repeat of the podium" is the 3 teams in literally the same order?

Also, I know we were a bit lazy with the suggestions this time... not a complaint though.

10 - Philippines or Malaysia will win their first olympic gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

15 - Malaysia will win a gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

:lol:

General

India will win 7 or more total medals, surpassing their highest ever number for a single edition.

Philippines or Malaysia will win their first olympic gold medal.

Sweden will win more gold medals than Norway.

The number of gold medals won by Brazil will be equal or lower than the number of gold medals won by all other south american nations added up.

Athletics

At least 2 world records will be broken in field events (including Decathlon & Heptathlon).

Field Hockey

At least one medal match will finish without any goals scored from penalty corners.

There will be medalists from at least 3 different continents between both events.

Handball

At least one group (in either men's or women's competition) will finish with no team with zero points (=all losses, no draws or wins).

A non european team will make it to semifinals (men's or women's).

Judo

Japan will win at least 7 gold medals.

Surfing

At least one medalist (men's or women's) will be a surfer that didn't take part in any stage (contested prior to the 2020 Olympic Games) of the 2021 World Surf League.

24 minutes ago, Dolby said:

+1. My suggestion: instead of selected matches or picking medallists, have a random draw and pick any 2 sports, one per gender, only. Provided you have time for them, otherwise drop it altogether. 

Better than a draw, just make a poll and let users pick one or two team sports. 

Just please no monstruosity like the 2012 "men's field hockey + women's football" contest, that was... not good. I prefer to have a single normal contest even if some sports will be left out.

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

It will be a single contest for all team sports. It will be in the "picking-the-medallists"-format. I will be managing all contests, maybe with the exception of the Bet contest as I have heard from one user that could maybe be interested in managing this one. It would have been too much for me to have different team sport prediction contests. I did consider which format to be used for this contest. Either the "picking-the-medallists"-format or selecting a few matches each days from different team sports and keep it in the team sport prediction format. I chose the former as I had to be realistic with myself on how much of a workload I would put on myself during the Olympics where I also want to be able to watch and enjoy top-class sports. 

Both formats are terrible. I'd rather not have any contest for team sports if it's gonna be like that. But it's just me.

Date & Time (GMT +2) Nation 1 T1 T2 Nation 2
January 27th 2021, 18:30

Denmark :DEN

:EGY Egypt
January 27th 2021, 21:30

Sweden :SWE

4   :QAT Qatar
January 27th 2021, 21:30

Spain :ESP

3 :NOR Norway
January 27th 2021, 21:30 France :FRA 2

:HUN Hungary

[/hide]

This post has been hidden. Only the user who posted it is able to see the content

This post has been hidden. Only the user who posted it is able to see the content