website statistics
8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Most of the time :URU simply because they are a small Argentina.

And that's it. I think the only countries I would never support in any sport are USA and China. It's like cheering for McDonald's or Coca-Cola.

Damn! You just did Uruguay dirty.

Also, I totally agree with what you said about the US and China, and to be fair when I watch the Olympics McDonalds and Coca-Cola advertising is everywhere, so it does feel like you’re cheering for them almost (which is just disgusting)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Keeping track of which country hates which other country in that entire region is just utterly impossible for me, so my guess was pretty much "any country besides Iran in the whole extended Gulf region" :p 

It’s cause the Netherlands has no haters, since y’all are one of the leaders in international, have areas where pot (weed, Mary Jane, kush, marijuana, whatever other slang terms there are) is not, not illegal, and you guys are always so happy on your little cycles and skates and canals. (Also, huge fan of Dutch treats (as in candy and food in general))

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:cheer: 

The reason this is my UI on a Dutch forum :p

Fw4k3qm.png

Can I have a link to said form. I want to see what secrets you guys are hiding from us

10 minutes ago, Jur said:

I always root for Andorra

Well if your from Catalonia you’re in the most technical already from Andorra.

Edited by Olympian1010

I’ve always had a soft spot for Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan for reason. I’ve liked them for as long as I can remember. I actually used to cheer against  the US when we would play one of those two countries

I’ve always had a soft spot for small countries when it comes to sports, so I was wondering what countries you guys cheer for outside your own? This is the place to discuss being a sports fan of a Nation other than the one you live in.

Totallympics Media
Posted
7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Just found this, quiz for Slovaks about English language, put the right answers :lol:

What would you like to drink?

a) Crazy – it was absolutely packed.  :lol:

The quiz https://www.cas.sk/clanok/846330/najdete-spravnu-odpoved-na-zakladnu-otazku-otestujte-si-svoju-anglictinu/?AT=wgt.article_clanok-crosspromo.c.x...B.&utm_source=sport.sk&utm_medium=zona-article&utm_campaign=box-cas-article&utm_content=cross

I liked “becuase I would like to immigrate to the United States” as an answer to “What do you do?”

Totallympics Media
Posted
2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Looking for the worse interview in English ? Stanislav Řezáč the Czech cross-country skier will never be beaten :lol:

Warning ! may hurts your ears

"Very good "vetr" (In czech Vetr means wind) :p

Sounds like Sagans interviews when he first came to California. “How was the race today?”, “Good.”. “Who was your hardest competition today?” Response in Slovakia or Czech or whatever the hell yall speak

Totallympics Media
Posted
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You there, stop messing with my bro or get the fuck out.

Don’t make me bring the orange into this ugly colors discussion :mad::p

Totallympics Media
Posted
1 minute ago, dcro said:

A lot of them do have a strong accent. I hear it almost every time a Dutch athlete gets interviewed or something.

Well the kids that come here have also been exposed to a fluent society at a much younger age to I guess, maybe that has something to do with it?

Totallympics Media
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ywah, not bad for elementary school level 

I’m going to find a way to blacklist the podcast in Croatia. It shouldn’t be hard, I’ll just watch out for those people wearing ugly checkers.

Edited by Olympian1010

Totallympics Media
Posted
2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, I'm wondering what would you say about my English. Is it more British or American? I never know.

Well I’ve heard a lot of Europeans speak English because the Air Force base near where I live is a NATO affiliated one I believe. I know we’ve at least had Danish, Dutch, Scottish, and German families in town (and at my old high school) before. So if I didn’t know where you lived I would’ve said Brazilian accented English in all honesty, but it sounds close to the German accented English too. Your English is closer to American English though I would say. 

@dcro I don’t know if @heywoodu would have a strong accent because Dutch is the closer language to English, and from the Dutch kids I’ve heard speak English, they are all (at least when they come here for the 2 year stay or whatever) highly fluent and have a barely noticeable accent.

Totallympics Media
Posted
4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now I wonder if @heywoodu has a strong Dutch accent. :d

I’m curious what you guys thought about the way I speak English. Supposedly there’s actually a branch of English in California that’s becoming more and more distinct from other parts of the language.

Totallympics Media
Posted
11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not a single mention of Ice Hockey World Champs and subsequent officialized Olympic qualification for Beijing...:(

anyway interesting idea guys. :yes Definitely going to follow this on a regular basis

You know, sometimes I just forget about events. The ICC World Cup, ANOC Beach Games, and Rugby Sevens World Series were all last minute editions. It also happened the weekend before so it was kind of in a gray area.

Totallympics Media
Posted

Thank You guys for the great feedback. I will to note of all feedback when producing future episodes, though just know that I can probably not make everyone happy, but really thank you guys for supporting this project.

Totallympics Media
Posted
45 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Looking forward to @heywoodu‘s korfball segment in future episodes :coffee:

We only cover real sports. Thank you

Totallympics Media
Posted
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Still better than the idiotic 'dub dub dub' :p 

I don't know why anyone would pronounce the whole 'www' (in whatever form) anyway nowadays, but fine :d 

Because I want to make sure my audience gets the right web address and not some off brand Balkan playboy website.

Totallympics Media
Posted
4 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I enjoyed the podcast actually, just raising my eyebrows you said 'w w w' instead of 'triple w' for the GSSE website and when you pronounced Shanghai but that can be ignored as not everyone knows Chinese

I don't have more suggestions as what I want to suggest is the some as @heywoodu's post

I just remembered that to it’s pronounced Sh-äng-hai (as in you put emphasis on the the sh and a and g sound). No that’s my bad and fair criticism. It’s becuase I’ve been listening to American (millennial) commentators when watching the event.

Totallympics Media
Posted
8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I enjoyed the podcast :d 

Minor suggestions:

- Try to lower the volume of @Vojthas's part a bit, I had to take out my phone and change volume multiple times now :p 

- I would suggest to make some things (like World Cups with a high number of events) a bit less like a sum-up of results, and more like a 'story' - mention a few upsets or other special things, something like that

As I just told Dcro, We we’re trying to keep it simple this first episode, but I intend to move closer to some more story like stuff too.

Totallympics Media
Posted
5 hours ago, dcro said:

Plus maybe discuss the upcoming events and predictions, and then follow-up on that the following week.

We mean to do that, We just wanted to make it as simple as possible for the first episode, to make sure we something that was good and a basic marker.

Totallympics Media
Posted
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

I can't believe which user got the special thanks at the end of the episode. :yikes:

Twist of the century 

Totallympics Media
Posted
50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@Sindo

Is it Totallympics or Totallylympics? :d

That's as far as I got (15 seconds) before being too annoyed by the rather loud train I'm in. I'll listen the rest on the much more quiet walk to work :p

I see I make fun that ugly orange country you call the Netherlands, so then you have bust my balls about the pronunciation of a made up word. Noted.

:p

(I’m actually quite curious to know as well)

Totallympics Media
Posted

The podcast is also available on Breaker, RadioPublic, and Google Podcasts (Android users only).

Totallympics Media
Posted
3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Good work on the podcast guys, enjoyed listening to it. May be able to contribute something in future. Anyway, keep it going :)

Thanks for listening. I’ll contact you if your expertise are ever needed :yes