Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Tennis US Open 2017

Майкл    156
9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Nine players ranked #1 in 25 years, 1975-2000. In last 17 years we had 15 them. And 5 them in the last decade only... And given the point difference between top 5 players, we'll see at least one more new name until the end of the year lol

And if there wasn't Serena to lock 2013-2016, damn, it would have been even more crazy :d

It's such a shame that players like Sabatini, Novotna and Mandlikova never made to the top spot. Also, I think both Zvonareva and Kvitova deserved to be #1's as well. Both of them had better results than Pliskova and Muguruza in 2010 and 2011 resprectively.

Майкл    156
9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Well... these new "four" are yet "stars in the making", except Venus, ofc :d 

I guess you're all for Venus? :d

Of course I am :cheer: She deserves her Slam this year!

thepharoah    18
14 hours ago, Майкл said:

IKR? Awful match for both players. Hopefully he won't just bend over to Nadal now...

what do u mean by IKR ? 

juddy96    65

Old man Nestor needs to retire at the end of the year, greatest male doubles player of all time (the Bryans are the greatest male doubles team of all time) this will probably be the first year since 1994 that he wont win an ATP tournament

LDOG    181
hace 4 horas, mrv86 said:

is Stephens the lowest ranked player to reach a GS final ever?

You mean women only? I don't have the exact ranking but I'm pretty sure Clijsters had worse when she won US Open 2009.

• Like 1

vlad    15
Acum 33 minute, LDOG a spus:

You mean women only? I don't have the exact ranking but I'm pretty sure Clijsters had worse when she won US Open 2009.

Clijsters did not have a ranking before that tournament. After that win she jumped into top 20.

• Like 1

mrv86    157
11 hours ago, LDOG said:

I meant both genders, but thanks for the answer about women's competition :d.