website statistics

Islamic Solidarity Games 2021

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

Iran was supposed to send B or C teams to this event but now the Asian Games is postponed, that changed the plan and we are sending mostly our A teams. I believe only in few sports (Volleyball, wrestling and maybe Taekwondo and Karate) it will be 2nd tier squads.

it will be 279 athletes (3rd largest delegation apparently after Turkey and Azerbaijan) in almost all of the sports, except Bocce, Kickboxing and Rhythmic Gymnastics. we could send a strong kickboxing team but we have lots of internal problems in this sport

most interestingly Iran will send a Judo team despite our Judo federation being suspended by IJF. :mumble: apparently since the event is not directly organized by IJF but the organizing committee asked IJF for confirmation and IJF sent a letter saying that's OK. I gave up on Judo long time ago and all of former NT members left this sport already, they are preparing a new team which is probably very weak.

@thepharoah I can't see Egypt in any of team sports, will you even send a delegation ? :mumble:

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

Iran was supposed to send B or C teams to this event but now the Asian Games is postponed, that changed the plan and we are sending mostly our A teams. I believe only in few sports (Volleyball, wrestling and maybe Taekwondo and Karate) it will be 2nd tier squads.

it will be 279 athletes (3rd largest delegation apparently after Turkey and Azerbaijan) in almost all of the sports, except Bocce, Kickboxing and Rhythmic Gymnastics. we could send a strong kickboxing team but we have lots of internal problems in this sport

most interestingly Iran will send a Judo team despite our Judo federation being suspended by IJF. :mumble: apparently since the event is not directly organized by IJF but the organizing committee asked IJF for confirmation and IJF sent a letter saying that's OK. I gave up on Judo long time ago and all of former NT members left this sport already, they are preparing a new team which is probably very weak.

@thepharoah I can't see Egypt in any of team sports, will you even send a delegation ? :mumble:

we normally don't send team sports into Islamic Solidarity Games , i think yes we're going to participate in individual sports here they don't waste the chance of winning medals in those average regional games like Mediterranean games 

• 3 weeks later...

in total 20 sports

where is the turkish guy who critizised the games of Oran2022 for 24 sports :roflmao: 

NB : Oran 26 countries , Konya : 56 , 20 sports only for 56 countries :roflmao:

they added 6 para sports which is strange , we shouldn't mixe  categories 

The competition will start tomorrow unofficially with men and women Scratch event in Cycling. well I can't remember I ever seen Cycling events before the opening ceremony but there is always a first time for everything :d

the official website is still terrible. I really hope they improve the "result section" the current one isn't useful. but at least I could check some entry lists in some sports. we will have some high level competitions in wrestling and taekwondo. most of Central Asian countries are bringing their A teams in apparently all sports. I assume for the same reason as Iran, they were preparing for the Asian Games and with its cancellation ISG is just a good replacement.

interesting to see some international stars like Mutaz Eissa Barshim or Oksana Chusovitina in the start list. overall it seems most countries are taking it almost seriously.

so far there is no sign of Egypt in the list :( Syria is listed with just one athlete (I assume that's because of current situation in SYR/TUR borders) and while there are Iraqi delegation in the start list , they announced they won't participate since Turkey bombed some places in Iraq recently.