web
analytics
gvaisakh

India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

Phenomenal performance by our Shooters. 15 quotas. Breakdown of the quota

Men's Rifle: 4/4

Women's Rifle: 3/4 (Anjum can start in the remaining event)

Men's Pistol: 2/4 (Still chance for Anish to qualify via ranking)

Women's Pistol: 4/4 (Considering Manu will start in both events, we have extra quota here)

Men's Shotgun: 2/4 (Kynan was close to quota many times but just couldn't get it)

Women's Shotgun: 0/4 (Only discipline with zero quotas but still might get one due to swap of Chinki's quota)

So, almost full team in Rifle/Pistol. 2 quotas today even salvaged the Shotgun team. 

Now the selection headache starts. Most events it will be direct. Women's 10m Air rifle and womens 50m 3P will have the real fight for place. Also a contest can develop between the Women trap shooters with the women skeet shooters, in case swap happens. Very important events - the WC final this year and WC next year will be important

Great...good showing by the Shooting team. 15 quotas are awesome.

Hope the Badminton team shows similar form at the end.

Edited by sanjaydas

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

no one 

I meant which countries won the quota if we did not win.

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Now the selection headache starts. Most events it will be direct. Women's 10m Air rifle and womens 50m 3P will have the real fight for place. Also a contest can develop between the Women trap shooters with the women skeet shooters, in case swap happens. Very important events - the WC final this year and WC next year will be important

According to me, the only event with headache is Women's 10m Air Rifle. Mehuli is almost surely out, not because she is shooting bad but since she is shooting in MQS, she can't get bonus points for reaching finals or rankings. I don't think NRAI would want a situation where Apurvi or Anjum miss out on Olympics, so only two possibilities are there. 

1) Apurvi and Anjum are selected in 10m. Anjum starts in 50x3 as well. Chinki's quota goes to Shotgun events. If Kynan is able to get a quota through ranking (very small chance), then it will surely go to Trap, otherwise it could go to either. Whoever gets the quota would be very lucky. 

2) Elavenil replaces Anjum in 10m. Chinki's quota is swapped for another in 50x3. 

While personally, I would prefer option 2, I think option 1 is more likely. In fact, I would place the likelihood as 75% for 1 and 25% for 2. 

25 minutes ago, Dolby said:

If Kynan is able to get a quota through ranking (very small chance), then it will surely go to Trap, otherwise

From where did Kynan come now. 

I feel 1 is likely. 

So Shreyasi Singh may get the quota unless Manisha , Ganemat, Darshana do something special. 

Quota place need to be swapped in same gender. 

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think he was saying if Kynan gets a quota through ranking, Chinki's quota will go to Women's trap as it will ensure a team in Mixed trap.

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

I feel 1 is likely. 

So Shreyasi Singh may get the quota unless Manisha , Ganemat, Darshana do something special. 

Quota place need to be swapped in same gender. 

There are 2 WCs next year before Rankings close. Good performance in both can propel him to a good ranking. 

I am aware that swap has to be in same gender. Otherwise, Kynan/Anish would be the prime candidates for swap. Even if both are able to get quotas through rankings, it would be better to select Manavjit or Prithviraj or heck even Vijayveer for the swap. 

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

I think he was saying if Kynan gets a quota through ranking, Chinki's quota will go to Women's trap as it will ensure a team in Mixed trap.

Yes, that is what I meant. In absence of Kynan in Trap, it doesn't matter if the quota goes to Trap or Skeet. Shreyasi is front-runner but not by much.