website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Just now, gvaisakh said:

No.. Only 3 can participate in individual & same 3 will participate in team event. So Mangal Singh Champia + 2 others or Indian NOC can go with 3 archers excluding Champia. It's upto the NOC to decide the team.

Max 3 archers per gender if we win the quota as team

:hatoff:Thank you for the clarification

52 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Confirmed - India to face Turkey in 1st round of Oly qualifier. The link below shows the first round opponents of all Indians.

http://info.ianseo.net/Search/InfoTeam.php?Id=16514

The draw seems to be favorable ...except that we are meeting the host ( so obviously home advantage )  but overall TUR are not at all strong in mens recurve...........................   besides that the only strong side we have in our half is Russia ( who we would meet only in the semis if it goes by the seeding ) ..... In the other half are most of the tough countries like Mexico , GBR , Japan , France , Kaz , GER ...................................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

Yeah, 4th overall for Das which is excellent, 17th for Talukdar, 58th for Rahul and a very poor 80th for our individual quota winner Mangal Champia.

Reasonable draw i'd say in the oly qualifier. Turkey or Thailand in Rd1, Malaysia or Ukraine in QF and mostly Russia in semi. Mexico, Germany, Japan, France, Britain all in the other half.

Also, I believe Rahul will have to play the oly qualifier despite Mangal being selected for Rio ahead of Rahul. Not sure about the rules here but I beleive that since seeding is based on score achieved by Rahul, it will have to be Rahul who participates. And haven't seen any case in a world cup where a country has selected 4th place finisher ahead of the 3rd place finisher for the team event.

Of course, this could be a bit tricky. If the federation ruling is that no matter who wins quota, Mangal will be going to Rio then it means Rahul's motivation to perform in the qualifier goes down a notch. This is the disadvantage of jumping the gun and holding trials and declaring a team before even the quota is won.

The oly qualifier is on Thursday, start to finish, hopefully AAI declares something by then such as, say, a re-trial between just Mangal and Rahul. 

Rahul is long term member and would do his very best I am sure ........Mangal won an individual quota ( not based on Federation ) but once a country wins a team quota ( the federation can select any 3 people as the team quota supersedes individual quota .so they will have a final trial I am sure ....................... but the third member score is very much weaker than the other two a 

Atanu 681 

jayanta 671 

but Rahul 656 which is very weak - I hope he can buck up ....if you see his pattern of play I was a little concerned as he seems to play one round rreally well and then follow it up with 8s in the next round he needs more focus, as this can be the difference in a close fought match 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Okay I have news from Archery Association of India that Mangal will play instead of Rahul here and at Olympics as well. Mangal Champia finished poor here as he failed to judge the wind in first round. I am happy with strict policy of AAI unlike WFI

11 minutes ago, Smit said:

Okay I have news from Archery Association of India that Mangal will play instead of Rahul here and at Olympics as well. Mangal Champia finished poor here as he failed to judge the wind in first round. I am happy with strict policy of AAI unlike WFI

Are you sure as the official world archery entry lists are showing rahul not mangal ...Can they  change the list - I think they can ? 

I checked the score swings

Rahul had a break score of ............... 329/327 

Mangal had a break score of ..............320/331 

which means that Mangal scored very well in the second part compared to the first part while rahul was more even ........ so it makes sense to go with Mangal  ( also mangal had a shocker 5 somewhere in the first part not clear why ) 

Edited by nitinsanker