website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

25 minutes ago, Vivek said:

Great going by our athlete's. After remain locked on 96, we jumped to 102. Now 120 looks comfortably in reach. Any news from 4x400 men participation in meet going on now. 

I agree 4*400 qualification looks critical for our further growth in numbers 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

42 minutes ago, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

Bang on Kapil! NRAI's selection policies need to be emulated by other federations as well. A couple of pointers:

1. While Pooja has been an in-form shooter, one should not forget Apurvi and Ayonika have come out on top of the selection process which was laid down well in advance. 

2. Both of them, even at their young age, are far more experienced shooters and Pooja has forayed in just an year ago...going by the form logic, shouldn't we also send Anjum Moudgil then? She shot 418+ in last wc and again finished in top 10 here in Baku

3. Most importantly, let's not forget the importance of pressure. AC / AP have immense amount of pressure to score good scores / retain their form on their road to prepare for Rio. Pooja has none. and thus a possibility of difference in performances @Sanjib

All your point about strict policies, what if Pooja won 2 golds out of the the 3 WC events in 2016, instead of finishing 4th, I'm sure she would have been sent, since it would have been highly flashed in the media, Ayonika has not qualified for any WC finals since 2015 till date, that's my only worry, we have to evaluate our medal chances.

31 minutes ago, Vivek said:

Great going by our athlete's. After remain locked on 96, we jumped to 102. Now 120 looks comfortably in reach. Any news from 4x400 men participation in meet going on now. 

I think we will have another spurt in the inter state atheletics meet ..........where the others would be inspired and hopefully the competition would lead to qualification 

for example Mohd anas will perform well and that would help arokia to perform 

maybe jyothi may be pushed by duttee and srabanis qualification 

ankits qualification may help prem to perform better 

jithin will be competing with Durgesh and so on 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Other Indian athletics results this weekend

Kosanov Memorial

Indian mens 4 X 100 m relay team finished 1st with timing of 39.86 sec

Indian women 4 X 100 m relay team finished 2nd with timing of 44.10 sec

Womens triple jumper N.V. Sheena produced personal best of 13.59 m

1 hour ago, kapil857 said:

So we have some interest in an India based prediction game....thus I have created a shared google sheet at the below link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TQQ4W-cut7RCuxnem5uQKZaBNJNq4HzYyiXv_JbTo4/edit#gid=0

Please just go to the link and enter ur teams of 15 athletes/teams. I say we keep the deadline as the end of July. So up till then, people can change their teams as many times as they wish by using the link above. 

Here's my team, at the moment.

Captain Jitu Rai - 50m Pistol
Vice Captain Narsingh Yadav
3 Jitu Rai - 10m Pistol
4 Abhinav Bindra
5 Gagan Narang - 50m prone
6 Saina Nehwal
7 Archery Women Team
8 Shiva Thapa
9 Yogeshwar Dutt
10 PV Sindhu
11 Gagan Narang - 10m Rifle
12 Dipa Karmarkar - Vault
13 Men Hockey Team
14 Bopanna/Sania
15 Heena Sidhu - 10m Pistol

Done with my team.... will change accordingly as per future results... 

10 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Can someone calculate and tell who are all in the qualification radar in left over events for Rio...Are we having Golf n athletics left or any other events except Swimming.

Golf on 11th July if I am not mistaken ( 3 expected ? ) 

Athletics - obviously till 11th July ( 5 more for 4*400 women + others  ?? ) 

Swimming till 11th July( 2 expected ) 

Boxing - Now three boxers in the APB & WSB qualifier................... I think it is happening in July 3-8  ( maybe 1-2 ) 

I think that is it ............................... 

Edited by nitinsanker