website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

33 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Which sport? Wrestling?

yes wrestling world cup ...this is an invitational world cup ( team championship ) for the top 8 teams globally in freestyle... I think we have reached this level only 2-3 times before  

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

29 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

The upcoming events where Dutee will be participating are  :

Beijing (IAAF World Challenge on May 18) and Taiwan (May 19-20)

In Beijing , she will also be a member of the women's 100m X 4 relay team and try to gain olympic qualification timing.

do we know who all of our athletes will be participating in the IAAF world challenge ..................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

i think this trial  - will it happen -wont it happen is having a very negative impact on both narsingh or sushil. the WFI needs to decide fast and get it over with -if there is going to be a trial -it has to happen soon. its a major distraction for narsingh if he goes -and for sushil too -all competitors should have by now started preparing for the olympics rather than the trial.

1 minute ago, Partha_SG said:

i think this trial  - will it happen -wont it happen is having a very negative impact on both narsingh or sushil. the WFI needs to decide fast and get it over with -if there is going to be a trial -it has to happen soon. its a major distraction for narsingh if he goes -and for sushil too -all competitors should have by now started preparing for the olympics rather than the trial.

I completely agree ...... They need to have a consistent and clear policy and implement it quickly ...let them not go on going round in circles ...... I like the NRAI which has set clear standards and in some cases top shooters have not been selected .................. but the policy is there and open 

I was assuming we would have 2 doubles pairs in tennis  but with Rohan boppanas rank coming down further to 13 ( down 2)  ....what are our chances........................ also mahesh bhupathi is coming back he is now ranked 169 ....................... I feel he hopes that if rohan comes into the top 10 ...it will be rohans choice  and rohan has preferred Hesh over lee ...so will we see lee not getting a chance to go to Rio .......???

Edited by nitinsanker

31 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I was assuming we would have 2 doubles pairs in tennis  but with Rohan boppanas rank coming down further to 13 ( down 2)  ....what are our chances........................ also mahesh bhupathi is coming back he is now ranked 169 ....................... I feel he hopes that if rohan comes into the top 10 ...it will be rohans choice  and rohan has preferred Hesh over lee ...so will we see lee not getting a chance to go to Rio .......???

Rohan natural choice is Bhupathi, If Rohan makes it to ATP top 10, he will have choice of partner, but if he remains outside top 10, than he have too go with Paes as then the combine ranking will come into picture.  However I am not clear how they will use combine ranking and how much quota will be distributed through combine ranking. 

54 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

There will be 2 pairs for sure, Sania will also participate in Women's Doubles. The only concern is whether we can have the 3rd doubles pair which would be men's doubles.

1 hour ago, Sanjib said:

There will be 2 pairs for sure, Sania will also participate in Women's Doubles. The only concern is whether we can have the 3rd doubles pair which would be men's doubles.

Why do you feel so sure....................... what is the combinational criteria for selection ................ I am not able to find any detailed list of which doubles pair will be there in tennis ????

33 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Why do you feel so sure....................... what is the combinational criteria for selection ................ I am not able to find any detailed list of which doubles pair will be there in tennis ????

There is no danger of Mirza dropping out of top 10, so we are assured of a pair in WD.

For doubles, NOC can choose any two players as a pair. Combined ranking of the pair is equal to sum of their individual rankings (better ranking between MS and MD is used for each individual). Pairs win quota based on this combined ranking. 

There is no chance for second pair in MD as apart from Bopanna no one is ranked high enough. Bopanna/Paes might also be on edge of qualification if both of them dont do well in French Open. 

If Bopanna manages to reach top 10, he can chose Bhupathi instead of Paes but IMHO it would be a case of cutting one's nose to spite the face. 

Also, its next to impossible to find any reliable simulation rankings for doubles as there are just too many combinations