website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

But when you vote for one of the Republicans or Democrats, you help keep the two-party system in place :d 

From an external perspective, let me say however that although there are only two parties in some case they act as 4 or 5, luckily. 

Another day another shooting. Second night in a row where a peaceful community event erupted into violence. New York City on Saturday, and the world famous California Garlic Festival on Sunday. I haven’t seen the updated reports from New York, but think around 10 people were shot. Here, in my state, my heart breaks though. The Garlic Festival is a point of pride in the state and more specifically in California. It’s a peaceful event that’s awesome for the family. A gunman, domestic born terrorist, cut through the fence around the festival. He then stepped into the crowd and began to let lose with a automatic rifle of some kind. 15 people were shot and police were able to respond in one minute and shoot the gunmen dead. Three people have since passed. One of the three is a 6 year old, who was shot in the head.

Of course, Trump has tweeted that some of our Black government officials hate police and white people, the morning after the shooting. It’s such bad timing, but understandable since he’s a insignificant on history little ignorant fucktard. So yes, let’s celebrate these mass shootings with repeated days of race bating. When will this nightmare end? How many more people need to be gunned down in the streets? How many more immigrants need to be put in cages? How more black people need to be shot by police?

I’m so beyond upset. I’m beyond furious. I’m just tired. I wish so much that we could bring back that little boy. I wish so much people didn’t make that mistake in 2016. I wish people would open their fucking eyes and see what a shitshow the “American Dream” has become. People always talk about how great American culture is, let me tell what American culture is. American Cultrue: We celebrate immigrants (unless they’re black or brown), we condem violence (unless the instigator was white), we invade foreign lands and leave them worse, we love “honest” social media personalities (until they’re actual honest), we have the highest rate of gun violence in the world (and the largest gun lobby), we celebrate ghetto as cool (when in reality we’re all to scared to even venture into one), we celebrate beating Hitler (only to elect him), we celebrate women (until they speak up), etc.

I’m Ahhhh! I just don’t understand. This is the ugly face of capitalism. There is no care about people under capitalism. No one actually really cares what happens anymore. Were destroying the planet and we’re ok with it.

I need to stop but I have much more to say, but it doesn’t matter because my country wouldn’t care. Unless I make a cute gif to go along with it. Or take a duck face selfie with a shooting victim. #ThisIsAmerica

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mass shootings is old news in USA.They happen so often nobody really cares about it IMO :shrug: Everyone knows USA is a gun country and that's the collateral damage of it.

Here it pretty much only reached the news because it was at a garlic festival of all places, with the most common reactions being sort of like "WTF there's a garlic festival?"...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apart from that, it's just another mass shooting events with exactly the same reactions as always:

"If only we had more guns, this guy would have been stopped" vs "Everything from this to me breaking a toe is Trump's fault"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apart from that, it's just another mass shooting events with exactly the same reactions as always:

"If only we had more guns, this guy would have been stopped" vs "Everything from this to me breaking a toe is Trump's fault"

Well if I kicked my wall in frustration at Trump’s tweet and my toe breaks...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela