website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

NOT ONE MENTION OF REFORM! Not one mention of how poor police culture lead us to these protests. Not one comment about police who have been misbehaving this week. Not one mention of how he’ll protect Americans who are protesting peacefully. Not one mention about bringing Americans together to create constructive change and true peace.

He did mention: Making sure American’s rights to their second amendment are protected. Using the military against states who disagree with him. Some dumb shit about magically making law and order happen right then.

We’ve 44 President’s and now 1 Racist, Sexist, Facist Dictator.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Trump just threatened Civil War on national television. We are one civilian being shot away from Civil War and violent insurgency. He is threatening to turn the military on the American people.

Are the journalists getting attacked during these protests? That's the only thing that puts this stuff away. If the press really turns against the protesters even though that would actually fall in line with Trump which I imagine press doesn't want to do.

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you sure? Just recently I read a statement from a Chinese politician from before the last election saying „We want Trump to win. He is a businessman, we know how to deal with him“. Trump had managed to piss a lot of foreign leaders (Iran, Europe, Canada, Australia?) off, which in turn allowed China to gain influence in certain areas of the world. 

it may be true before the last election as no one truly knows him. It turns out we are way too naive. he truly play politics like business to bargain with allies and rivals. But as long as it didn't meet his expectation, he would sanction anyone without hesitation and mercy.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Are the journalists getting attacked during these protests? That's the only thing that puts this stuff away. If the press really turns against the protesters even though that would actually fall in line with Trump which I imagine press doesn't want to do.

They’ve had more issues with the police and National Guard then they’ve had with the protestors.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They’ve had more issues with the police and National Guard then they’ve had with the protestors.

Even Floyd's brother has distanced himself from this violence. You can't have it both ways since these protests are no longer about police brutality. The guy is locked up and probably will hear charges soon.

Not to mention nobody cares about COVID restrictions anymore either.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Even Floyd's brother has distanced himself from this violence. You can't have it both ways since these protests are no longer about police brutality. The guy is locked up and probably will hear charges soon.

Not to mention nobody cares about COVID restrictions anymore either.

COVID’s out the window, the U.S. is about be hit with a trifecta. Possible rapid spread of a semi-deadly virus, major economic depression, and years of anger playing out on the national stage in the form of protests and riots. I always said this year was going to be a fun one in the U.S., but I had never imagined this in my wildest dreams.

Europe needs to be careful that they don’t get swept into this mess either.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I actually think that police attacks on journalists have increased public anger directed at police and the national government.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

COVID’s out the window, the U.S. is about be hit with a trifecta. Possibly rapid spreading a semi-deadly virus, major economic depression, and years of anger playing out on the national stage. I always said this year was going to be a fun one in the U.S., but I had never imagined this in my wildest dreams.

Europe needs to be careful that they don’t get swept into this mess either.

Like they say, show must go on. That's why I laughed when some qualified morons said "world will never be same again after COVID". Total BS. Things will get back to normal faster than anyone thinks ;)

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I actually think that police attacks on journalists have increased public anger directed at police and the national government.

Wearing a "Press" shirt doesn't make you immune to rubber bullets. If you want to cover a story in the line of fire you have to account for damages. Street riots are hazardous to everyone's health :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Like they say, show must go on. That's why I laughed when some qualified morons said "world will never be same again after COVID". Total BS. Things will get back to normal faster than anyone thinks ;)

I will say that experts also predicted mass social movements. Damn, they called their shot there.