website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apart from that, it's just another mass shooting events with exactly the same reactions as always:

"If only we had more guns, this guy would have been stopped" vs "Everything from this to me breaking a toe is Trump's fault"

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Mass shootings is old news in USA.They happen so often nobody really cares about it IMO :shrug: Everyone knows USA is a gun country and that's the collateral damage of it.

This is the attitude that got us into this mess. Mass Shootings shouldn’t be old or new news because they shouldn’t take place in the first place. We don’t have to be a gun country. Australia was once a gun country, and they’ve had little problems since they’re successful gun control measures. Guns are made for killing, that was why they were invented. The only ever gun I’ll be ok with someone owning is a single shot rifle/shotgun or a air pistol/shotgun. It shouldn’t be political. It should be, oh shut we have a problem let’s fix it so our children stop dying.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Mass shootings have been happening for decades in the US. It's not something that Trump has brought up, no matter how much some people want it to be that way. Nevertheless a more strict control should be considered and have buying a gun easier than buying a beer...

Just now, Federer91 said:

Mass shootings have been happening for decades in the US. It's not something that Trump has brought up, no matter how much some people want it to be that way. Nevertheless a more strict control should be considered and have buying a gun easier than buying a beer...

Yes, you are right about that. However, his defense of white nationalism and indifference to violence could be inspiring more shooters. He does say things all the time that extremists would be willing to carry out. The second is also true. I’d can buy a gun today, probably without an ID. It would take weeks to buy over the counter medicine (if you can afford it), alcohol (because I legally can’t until I’m 21), weed (same reason as above), but hey I can smoke (not that I would in a million years).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

all what you have to do is avoiding the markets the  Mall the festival the stadium the station....etc

stay alone at home no one will attack you

Until the nightly round of robberies and domestic violence breaks out

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Until the nightly round of robberies and domestic violence breaks out

That's literally everywhere in the world though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!