website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• It's time for the luge sprint events to become olympic. A luge sprint Mixed-Teamrelay wouldn't be a bad idea either. 
    • Right. I would be in favour of also having seperate medal events for the speed skating allround and speed skating sprint classifications      
    • But how? I've seen basically all World Cups and major events in the past 6-7-8 years or so, but the team event is usually the easiest one to skip through when watching later     Not like it is never exciting, but it doesn't really add much. The only thing that is actually different is sitting up to hit the paddle, apart from that it is simply a few consecutive runs put together. Of course it needed to be there, because every sport 'needs' a (mixed) team event for whatever reason.
    • Makes me wonder how that works for them, financially. Especially something that, internationally, is a rather obscure sport would surely benefit more from their biggest events being widely available to a global audience, instead of hidden behind a pay wall?   World Rowing did a much better job for example, their more obscure event, like last weekend's coastal rowing world champs, was available in it's entirety and for free on their YouTube channel, which is an excellent way to try and gain a bit of new audience..
    • Well at least for me, I’m sure if the FIL added a mixed doubles event to the WC circuit that would be my favourite event in terms of TV (for reasons that will stayed unspecified, but you could probably guess) 
    • 1-0       BTW that Bolivia win was their first away win since 1993 and only their 4th away qualifier win in history.
    • Eh, I actually think the luge team event is the best luge event in terms of TV.   It actually has a lot of room for variance.
    • Oh I agree, but I think the main reason why I want it on the program is more medal potential  (Canada has that, while Netherlands does not)
    • Australian breaker Raygun is currently ranked number one in the world — the World DanceSport Federation has explained why   https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-11/raygun-ranked-number-one-in-the-world-explainer/104335934?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf274595113&utm_campaign=abc_grandstand&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf274595113=1&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR14ireGWTfbhHBmzbIIXH7gW3jPULyMBOUWsCUJFQ2pV0A1m_yXfaIH3oc_aem_aQ5M9mCSjzM104BXKeHhqw   Ranked number one in the world on the basis of her winning the Oceania Continental Championship 
    • 2025 Summer University Games: Berlin will be the venue for swimming and diving as well as volleyball.   https://rhineruhr2025.com/en/news/rhine-ruhr-2025-berlin-becomes-another-venue