website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships 2017

heywoodu

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

As for my guess about Montenegrins being scared of classic technique...

You can see here which technique does their best skier prefer. :lol:

Ah yeah I noticed the same thing for Bulatovic last night when I went through the women's start list :d 

Exactly 1 classic race and she didn't start there neither :p

https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=CC&competitorid=179261&type=result

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah I noticed the same thing for Bulatovic last night when I went through the women's start list :d 

Exactly 1 classic race and she didn't start there neither :p

https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=CC&competitorid=179261&type=result

I guess that's the infamous Dominican disease, in classical races. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

I guess that's the infamous Dominican disease. :d

Didn't they know it would be classic today? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Eurosport Italy made a compilation of Solano's race :cheer:

FIS NORDIC SKIING

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Vf6fAAMAqQ6sMZHtIeUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonsdottir and Crnkovic win qualification races at Lahti 2017

9k=

The 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships kicked off today with qualification competitions in the 5/10 km interval start classic event.  Iceland's Elsa-Gudrun Jonsdottir has won the ladies' 5 km classic qualification competition in Lahti stadium.  She crossed the line in a time of 15:23.9 which was good for a 20.1 second margin of victory over second place finisher Nansi Okoro of Bulgaria.  In third place from Australia was Katerina Paul +34.2 seconds back of the winning time. 

In the men's 10 km classic interval start competition it was Kresimir Crnkovic of Croatia who crossed the line in first place with a time of 26:21.5.  In second place +55.6 seconds behind was Lithuania's Deividas Klisevicius and in third was Achbadrakh Batmunkh from Mongolia +1:05.5 back.  

Qualified athletes will now have the chance to begin distance competitions during the Championships in Lahti.

Z 

Full Results Women and Men

Race Replay

Womens 5km Classical

Individual Distance Events Qualification Race

Mens 10km Classical

Individual Distance Events Qualification Race