website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017

heywoodu

Koukalova: "I don't like this 15k race, it's boring, it's too long...meh" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 shootings 3 faults, always the last target :wall:  a million of coutries fighting with us in the qualifications will win points for the Nations Cup today despite they were slow as hell they just had better shooting luck. no, seriously ...

This event need to change the 1 minute penalty rule.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

This event need to change the 1 minute penalty rule.

True. And the distance. And the number of shooting bouts.

Oh wait, we already have that and it's called the sprint :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

41st

Ah, just slipped out.

However, on what basis is this such a horrible day for Slovakia? Apart from Kuzmina, they were never a high end nation in biathlon. Hurajt's medal in 2010 was a BIG surprise.

Of course, it could be better with cleaner shooting, but apart from few leading athletes, everyone is missing a lot of targets. :p

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ah, just slipped out.

However, on what basis is this such a horrible day for Slovakia? Apart from Kuzmina, they were never a high end nation in biathlon. Hurajt's medal in 2010 was a BIG surprise.

Of course, it could be better with cleaner shooting, but apart from few leading athletes, everyone is missing a lot of targets. :p

I disagree, Slovakia had always strong women team, look at Nagano 1998, 3 slovak girls in sprint top 10. + the relay finished 4th just few seconds behind podium because of one bad shooting in 3rd ? (not really sure) leg, then Salt lake City 2002 5th place of the relay again finghting for medal untill the end the same 4 years later in Torino 2006 again 5th in the relay. Also in individual events we  (I agree not so consistently often) used to perform very well at major events Martina Jašicová-Halinárová won medal at world champs and collected many other mentionable results in important events also she finished 6th in Lillehammer 1994...Somehow Biathlon was always considered as our second strongest and most important winter sport after hockey. but now it´s just one frustration and disappointment following another...and seeing our juniors it will be even worse

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I disagree, Slovakia had always strong women team, look at Nagano 1998, 3 slovak girls in sprint top 10. + the relay finished 4th just few seconds behind podium because of one bad shooting in 3rd ? (not really sure) leg, then Salt lake City 2002 5th place of the relay again finghting for medal untill the end the same 4 years later in Torino 2006 again 5th in the relay. Also in individual events we  (I agree not so consistently often) used to perform very well at major events Martina Jašicová-Halinárová won medal at world champs and collected many other mentionable results in important events also she finished 6th in Lillehammer 1994...Somehow Biathlon was always considered as our second strongest and most important witer sport after hockey. but now it´s just one frustration and disappointment following another...and seeing our juniors it will be even worse

From what I see the relay wasn't 5th in 2006. And it doesn't appear like Slovakia is a regular medalist/high placer at all big events.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that I don't really see the point about getting frustrated because of one poor day. Slovakia already had some good results in Hochfilzen...

Look at us for example. We kind of have the most successful alpine skier in Olympic history and yet we still wait for the first top 30 result in St. Moritz. :roflmao:

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

From what I see the relay wasn't 5th in 2006

yes sorry my bad, I probably mixed it with some world championships...however it doesn´t matter now

This is not one poor day, every race last few years is poor for us, I simply still somehow don´t know to identify myself with the fact that something around 25th place is our best race result in this sport...but unfortunately it´s the true, even this 25th place became to be less and less frequent

Zubčič will certainly fight for a good position in the GS. and slalom can be playable too, big teams entering only 4 skiers always open a room for decent results also for other teams

38 minutes ago, hckosice said:

This is not one poor day, every race last few years is poor for us, I simply still somehow don´t know to identify myself with the fact that something around 25th place is our best race result in this sport...but unfortunately it´s the true, even this 25th place became to be less and less frequent

And then there's us, with occasional mass starts and quite frequent top 40's now struggling to even break in to the top 60 :d This was also our go to winter sport after Figure skating legends Vanagas and Drobiazko. Also, from looking at the Slovakian team, Paulina Fialkova is not that bad plus you'll have two women in the mass start. And your men's team has improved significantly throughout the years. I remember they used to be in the 60-80s a couple of years ago, but now on some occasions you qualify 3 for the pursuits and your relay has shown much improvement as well.