website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, hckošice said:

so if I understand correctly, if the Norwegians could field two relays, they would both get gold and silver here

Maybe, Russia should be close to their second relay. I very much doubt that the second Norwegian relay could beat the Russian relay at full force. The third Norwegian relay could definitely beat all other relays though (except for the Russian relay). Just looking at the gaps clearly shows you how pathetic the level of competition is in cross-country. Not sure why this sport should have 3 more events than alpine skiing (once the combined won’t be Olympic anymore). The longer the distance, the more boring it usually gets.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Good luck, we're with ya!

Mixed feelings, I do like Fossesholm :p (and am neutral towards the Weng's)

If anything I just want a fun race. I mean, cool if Sweden beats Norway, but it doesn't make it any more fun if they do so by a minute :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Mixed feelings, I do like Fossesholm :p (and am neutral towards the Weng's)

If anything I just want a fun race. I mean, cool if Sweden beats Norway, but it doesn't make it any more fun if they do so by a minute :d 

Seems like Johaug is afraid of 4th leg, after the sprint finish against Nilsson in Seefeld. I have mixed feelings about Fossesholm. On one hand, she is the norwegian I could like most, but it is difficult not to think about her teenage years with exception for using growth hormones.:mumble:

2 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Seems like Johaug is afraid of 4th leg, after the sprint finish against Nilsson in Seefeld. I have mixed feelings about Fossesholm. On one hand, she is the norwegian I could like most, but it is difficult not to think about her teenage years with exception for using growth hormones.:mumble:

But I do like her being a multitalent, since she is a junior world championships medalist in mountainbiking as well :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Provisional Medal Count After Event 8/12

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
NOR.gif Norway
SWE.gif Sweden
WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
FIN.gif Finland
SUI.gif Switzerland