website statistics

Taekwondo WTF World Championships 2017

MHSN

Issoufou :clap::clap::cheer:

First world title for Niger in any Olympic sport/event? :mumble:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe a lack of experience or something? 

Obviously lack of experience or maybe I can say "not using brain" at all. it wasn't like she can't stand , she did actually but couple seconds after the call !

she wasn't even supposed to come and compete here, this is already a very good result for her but being this close to a world medal (would be only 2nd medal for the Iranian girls) and losing like that ! :wall: I'm sure she will never forget that moment.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I really don't get this penalty system and why the other sometimes gets a point when the opponent gets a penalty but sometimes the other doesn't get a point :d 

with new rules, the other ALWAYS gets a point when the opponent gets penalty, you probably misunderstand referees signal with something else.

the problem is they made the rule easier for penalties, we had so many "PUN" (losing by 10 penalties) in this tournament probably 10 times more than before. sometimes I really can't understand what the hell was the penalty for ?! specially because they use the same signal for all "foul techniques" ! there are 6 different signals for 6 kind of penalties. falling, grabbing, passivity, leaving the mat, fouls and kicking blow.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

with new rules, the other ALWAYS gets a point when the opponent gets penalty, you probably misunderstand referees signal with something else.

the problem is they made the rule easier for penalties, we had so many "PUN" (losing by 10 penalties) in this tournament probably 10 times more than before. sometimes I really can't understand what the hell was the penalty for ?! specially because they use the same signal for all "foul techniques" ! there are 6 different signals for 6 kind of penalties. falling, grabbing, passivity, leaving the mat, fouls and kicking blow.

Hmm, I was convinced there were some times when A got a penalty but B didn't get a point, but I might have been wrong then. So 10 penalties means you lose? I didn't see more than 6 penalties in one fight yet an was curious all the time when another penalty would mean the end :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!