website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

2 out of 6 for today is less than i would have wanted to be honest. Stas and Duduva were never favourites, so their loses aren't unexpected, but i was really disappointed in Novachkov. After last years Worlds and the way he was blatanly robbed of a medal i was sure he would be on of our qualifiers. Let's hope he brings his A-game for next week. And finally Kostadinov did awesome, but unfortunately he had to face the only russian today, who was a machine....

Do you know where is Angelov ? injured or something ? I know he and Kostadinov are almost in the same level. do you know which one they will send next week to Mongolia ? (I know maybe it's too early to ask)

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Do you know where is Angelov ? injured or something ? I know he and Kostadinov are almost in the same level. do you know which one they will send next week to Mongolia ? (I know maybe it's too early to ask)

Ivo Angelov is in Mongolia. Our GR team was divided into 2 groups of 4 for both competitions and the team for Mongolia is already there, as to cope with the time difference. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Ivo Angelov is in Mongolia. Our GR team was divided into 2 groups of 4 for both competitions and the team for Mongolia is already there, as to cope with the time difference. 

I see, thanks for the quick answer, but why 4 ? Bulgaria needs 5 Greco quotas

That was an interesting strategy, so these guys here were your #1 wrestlers ? and those in Mongolia are #2 ? to me Angelov is slightly better than Kostadinov.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I see, thanks for the quick answer, but why 4 ? Bulgaria needs 5 Greco quotas

That was an interesting strategy, so these guys here were your #1 wrestlers ? and those in Mongolia are #2 ? to me Angelov is slightly better than Kostadinov.

Yes, a little correction, we have 5 wrestlers now in Serbia in GR and 4 are in Mongolia. And both teams are divided by some strong wrestlers and some newcomers.

Now in Serbia we have Kostadinov (59), Stas (66), Iliyan Georgiev (75), Nikolay Bayrqkov (85) and Lyubomir Dimitrov (130)

While in Mongolia we have send Angelov (59), Nikolay Vicev (66), Hristo Marinov (85) and Miloslav Metodiev (130)

For me Angelov and Marinov are better in 59 and 85 and i think Stas and Dimitrov are better in 66 and 130, so like i said both teams have some strong contenders and some who are with smaller chances. Maybe our federation wants to give a chance to more wrestlers to see how will they perform before the final qualifying tournament if we haven't got the quotas. Plus i just found out that our medalist from the European Games last year Daniel Aleksandrov is injured, so maybe that is the reason he isn't in Mongolia. He will compete in 75 in the final tournament.

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Yes, a little correction, we have 5 wrestlers now in Serbia in GR and 4 are in Mongolia. And both teams are divided by some strong wrestlers and some newcomers.

Now in Serbia we have Kostadinov (59), Stas (66), Iliyan Georgiev (75), Nikolay Bayrqkov (85) and Lyubomir Dimitrov (130)

While in Mongolia we have send Angelov (59), Nikolay Vicev (66), Hristo Marinov (85) and Miloslav Metodiev (130)

For me Angelov and Marinov are better in 59 and 85 and i think Stas and Dimitrov are better in 66 and 130, so like i said both teams have some strong contenders and some who are with smaller chances. Maybe our federation wants to give a chance to more wrestlers to see how will they perform before the final qualifying tournament if we haven't got the quotas. Plus i just found out that our medalist from the European Games last year Daniel Aleksandrov is injured, so maybe that is the reason he isn't in Mongolia. He will compete in 75 in the final tournament.

Thanks , It was quite helpful :yes

Good luck to your wrestlers, except for those in 59 and 130 for obvious reasons :d

here is my review about the second day

74 FS

surpriseingly I can't see Ali Shabanov here ! maybe resting him for Mongolia ?! Belarus 2nd guy is unknown to me, so I think Hasanov is the clear favorite in top half , Brzozowski can challenge him though. An Armenian guy is also there. bottom half Demirtas is the favorite alongside Makarashvili. we also have Zakharevych and Kirov there.

86 FS

I don't think anybody can challenge Aldatov in top half, I'm surprised Moldova didn't enter Ianulov here. bottom half is even weaker, Vereb is probably the favorite with Murtazaliev. I can't see any other notable wrestler here, overall probably the weakest competition here.

75 GR

We have some surprises in start list, no Julfalakyan, no Bacsi, no Cebi ! I think Datunashvili is the favorite in top half, Kus and Chalyan can challenge him. in bottom half we have so many good wrestlers, none of them is clear favorite, I think the winner of Nemes-Starcevic will have a very good chance to win the quota. the German guy, Sweden and Ukraine are also good, we also have Hungary there.

85 GR

This weight is usually tough in Europe but top half is much easier, I think Janikowski has a good chance in top half but you never can underestimate Armenia in Greco-Roman, we also have Georgia there. but in bottom half we have Noumonvi, grandpa Mishin, Zugaj and few more like Adomaitis, Basar and Kikinov, even Hrustanovic. really hard for me to pick someone from this half

here are my picks for the quotas, I'm more confident about my freestyle picks,

74: Hasanov (AZE) and Demirtas (TUR)

86: Aldatov (UKR) and Vereb (HUN)

75: Datunashvili (GEO) and Nemes (SRB)

85: Janikowski (POL) and :mumble::mumble: Mishin (RUS)