website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

No, only Bruna and Mika Picin :p 

Gabi and Caio have already been in Pokljuka for almost a week now for another IBU camp, and for the IBU Junior Cup later this week. They will go to the Czech Republic later as well by the way: after the Junior Cup in Pokljuka they're travelling to Nove Mesto for the Open Junior European Championships :)

Aaaah I wish I still lived there!

Might be going January next year so might see some biathlon there, who knows. If I had to go anywhere it would be Nove Mesto! 

I hope Bruna manages to qualify for the WCH though it'll be tough from here. 3 races left to do it..

3 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Aaaah I wish I still lived there!

Might be going January next year so might see some biathlon there, who knows. If I had to go anywhere it would be Nove Mesto! 

I hope Bruna manages to qualify for the WCH though it'll be tough from here. 3 races left to do it..

There's actually only two races left...the OECH individual on Wednesday and the sprint on Friday, since the pursuit doesn't give any IBU points (and with her travelling to Kazakhstan on that day, I doubt she'd participate anyway if she qualifies). 

I'm not entirely sure she'll participate in Hochfilzen even if she qualifies though. It would have to be squeezed in right between the Winter Universiade and the Nordic Ski World Championships in Lahti, both of which she'll definitely participate in. Which also doesn't help is that she's spent two days already wearing a 'sling' on her arm to keep her arm stabilized, because of an injury she got nearly three weeks ago when she fell in the first Martell sprint.

On another note, on her 'official' fanpage on Facebook she posted a dry shooting video from Arber, made by me in my hotel room :d 

It's a little competition of shooting 4 cartridges as fast as possible, of course without actual munition in it (hence the 'dry shooting') :p 

https://www.facebook.com/atletabrunamoura

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's actually only two races left...the OECH individual on Wednesday and the sprint on Friday, since the pursuit doesn't give any IBU points (and with her travelling to Kazakhstan on that day, I doubt she'd participate anyway if she qualifies). 

I'm not entirely sure she'll participate in Hochfilzen even if she qualifies though. It would have to be squeezed in right between the Winter Universiade and the Nordic Ski World Championships in Lahti, both of which she'll definitely participate in. Which also doesn't help is that she's spent two days already wearing a 'sling' on her arm to keep her arm stabilized, because of an injury she got nearly three weeks ago when she fell in the first Martell sprint.

On another note, on her 'official' fanpage on Facebook she posted a dry shooting video from Arber, made by me in my hotel room :d 

It's a little competition of shooting 4 cartridges as fast as possible, of course without actual munition in it (hence the 'dry shooting') :p 

https://www.facebook.com/atletabrunamoura

Oh yes, Brezno doesn't count except for relay qualification. My bad.

Good to know she will be participating in the Nordic World Championships! Hopefully they will air the qualification for the 10km on Eurosport like last year, so we can see her in action.

(By the way apparently Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Tonga and Trinidad and Tobago are sending skiers.)

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

Start lists for the Open European individuals are out, starting with the men:
http://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1617/BT/SCEU/CH__/SMIN/BT_C51A_1.0.pdf

Followed in the afternoon by the women:
http://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1617/BT/SCEU/CH__/SWIN/BT_C51A_1.0.pdf

Bib 40, vamos :cheer:

A quick count got me to 11 women she can beat under normal circumstances, so let's see how that's going to go tomorrow. The focus should be almost completely on shooting for her :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Start lists for the Open European individuals are out, starting with the men:
http://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1617/BT/SCEU/CH__/SMIN/BT_C51A_1.0.pdf

Followed in the afternoon by the women:
http://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1617/BT/SCEU/CH__/SWIN/BT_C51A_1.0.pdf

Bib 40, vamos :cheer:

A quick count got me to 11 women she can beat under normal circumstances, so let's see how that's going to go tomorrow. The focus should be almost completely on shooting for her :)

I wonder if any more women will qualify for wildcard spots.

What I don't understand is the Czech federation's decision to basically cut half of our women's IBU Cup team, who haven't had any worse results than the rest of the team, and who are now racing at only national level. That's why we only have three women there. And then they start complaining about not having any women for the relay.

21 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I wonder if any more women will qualify for wildcard spots.

What I don't understand is the Czech federation's decision to basically cut half of our women's IBU Cup team, who haven't had any worse results than the rest of the team, and who are now racing at only national level. That's why we only have three women there. And then they start complaining about not having any women for the relay.

Well, weren't Vitkova and Charvatova supposed to be there as well? I'm sure I saw them listed somewhere, but maybe only for the other competitions and not the individual? 

Meanwhile, a Russian bookmaker has odds for today :p

5c4ffb3edd.png

89ded50d50.png

I've got some money on Loginov finishing in front of Volkov and on Starykh beating Zhuravok, for what it's worth :d 

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, weren't Vitkova and Charvatova supposed to be there as well? I'm sure I saw them listed somewhere, but maybe only for the other competitions and not the individual? 

Yeah, they're only racing in the sprint. I'm talking about girls such as Cerna and Zvaricova. They had decent results, but were cut for no good reason, and now there are open spaces on the IBU Cup team. And someone like Ludmila Horka, who usually has the worst results, is still there. 

Maybe it has to do with ski speed and the potential to improve? I don't know.

14 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Anyway does anyone know of a livestream of the event online? :)

Yes, it's on the official streaming page :d 

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/ibu/

And on the Eurosport Player if you happen to have that (since I'm guessing you can't receive Eurosport 2 over there).