website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:SRI Sri Lanka's biathlete for the Asian Winter Games is Sajeev de Silva, who competed in rowing at the 2010 Asian Games, then switched to archery and then finally to rifle shooting. Now he will be competing in biathlon!

Where on earth do you find stuff like this :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Facebook :p

Could you add a link or something? I'm always interested in exotic nations but when it's about biathlon, even more so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It was a private conversation with a journalist...

Can't link to that, I understand, but thanks for the cool info :d 

20 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Wow! Is Sri Lanka a member of IBU? Because Cambodia got blocked in skating disciplines for not being an ISU member.

I don't seem to remember them being members, but it's hard to know for sure since IBU has messed up their website.. 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't seem to remember them being members, but it's hard to know for sure since IBU has messed up their website.. 

Sri Lanka isn't a member, but it appears only the ISU has blocked participation.

Here is the article the journalist wrote

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Small update from the Brazilian team, who are present in Martell at the IBU Development Camp with 4 athletes (the two known girls, plus Caio Moreira and Lucas Martins). I've only seen the detailed shooting results for Bruna (Moura), but after almost a week she still only missed like 2-3 shots in prone position all week :yikes: Standing is not going that well yet, but it's awesome to see that she is trying to shoot a lot faster than she did last season and still hits almost every prone shot...I can't wait for the IBU Cups in January :bounce:

Let's hope she can get a wildcard for the WCH! Her and Tsakiri. Under-19s can compete there, I'm pretty sure, because one of the criteria is that you finish in the top half of the Junior WCH, which I'm sure she can do.

44 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sri Lanka isn't a member, but it appears only the ISU has blocked participation.

Here is the article the journalist wrote

Will definitely be rooting for them. Maybe they will become a member, who knows. Shame about the ISU. I don't know what motive they would have to block those athletes..