website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There's nothing screaming that a horrible day is coming like Dumoulin (who didn't have a horrible last day btw, but only lost time on a climb which is completely normal instead of horrible) or Kruijswijk (who only had a horrible day because of a fall, because in terms of climbing he was still looking stronger than anyone else until then). 

If everything in the next two days goes somewhat normal, Mollema should end up on the podium, maybe behind Yates who I think has been stronger in recent days.

Got you this time. :p One down, one Yates to come tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Got you this time. :p One down, one Yates to come tomorrow.

Yeah I can't predict against falls at the worst possible moments of course :p 

On the other hand: you said Aru and Porte would do good but they were far from convincing :evil: (then again, I agreed with you, so yeah, we both lose :d )

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I can't predict against falls at the worst possible moments of course :p 

On the other hand: you said Aru and Porte would do good but they were far from convincing :evil: (then again, I agreed with you, so yeah, we both lose :d )

Yeah, i was sure the Astana third week super-form will work once again after yesterday, but Aru just did nothing, even with the team trying all stage. He needs a long attack now, because i can't see him doing 2 minutes on Quintana/Bardet on the final climb and downhill, and that just doesn't happen in present times. As for Porte, well he is Porte, all the big expectation and never the big result, even though he was the only one hanging with Froome the whole time, the guy just has no luck. 

Tour de France 2016

:FRA Various Cities (FRA) - 02.07.2016 - 24.07.2016 :FRA

le-tour-logo.jpg

Stage 19

Albertville  -  Saint Gervais Mont Blanc (Le Bettex)

Stage Result

:FRA Romain BARDET

4:14:08

:ESP Joaquin RODRIGUEZ OLIVER

+23

:ESP Alejandro VALVERDE

+23

4. Louis MEINTJES  :RSA +23

5. Nairo QUINTANA :COL +26

6. Fabio ARU :ITA +28

7. Daniel MARTIN :IRL +28

8. Wouter POELS :NED +36

9. Christopher FROOME :GBR +36

10. Richie PORTE :AUS +53

General Standing After Stage 19/21

1. Christopher FROOME  :GBR  82:10:37

2. Romain BARDET :FRA  +4:11

3. Nairo QUINTANA :COL  +4:27

4. Adam YATES :GBR  +4:46

5. Richie PORTE :AUS  +5:17

6. Fabio ARU :ITA  +6:00

7. Alejandro VALVERDE :ESP  +6:20

8. Louis MEINTJES :RSA  +7:02

9. Daniel MARTIN :IRL  +7:10

10. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED  +7:42

Jerseys After Stage 19/21

Yellow Jersey

:GBR Christopher FROOME

82:10:37

2. Romain BARDET :FRA 

+4:11

3. Nairo QUINTANA :COL 

+4:27

Green Jersey

:SVK Peter SAGAN

2. Marcel KITTEL :GER 

3. Michael MATTHEWS :AUS 

Polka Dot Jersey

:POL Rafal MAJKA

2. Thomas DE GENDT :BEL  

3. Jarlinson PANTANO :COL 

White Jersey

:GBR Adam YATES

82:15:23

2. Louis MEINTJES  :RSA 

+2:16

3. Warren BARGUIL  :FRA 

+31:49

Morzine, the place of Floyd Landis' epic victory in 2006 :d

He had a huge blow in the day before, losing 8 minutes on the final climb and so losing his yellow jersey. He drank some whiskey and beer to recover and the next day he showed one of the most incredible attacks in cycling history: going full-power for the entire stage, basically riding solo for the entire stage with someone who's name I forgot crying in his wheel :d 

He took a ton of time back and won the Tour de France right there. Well, he lost it because of doping a little while later but we can't let that ruin the fun of this epic bit of cycling history :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Aaand we're live and on the way :cheer: