website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am surprised to see Mollema and Yates so high in the overall ranking, do they have a chance for the podium?

Mollema is usually a very strong climber, but on the level slightly behind the absolute top (which should normally be Froome, Contador, Quintana and possibly Valverde). Personally I think it's realistic to see him stay ahead of the likes of Yates, Bardet, Van Garderen etc, whether or not he stays ahead of Quintana depends on Quintana's shape in the last week. 

Yates is surpising me as well, but is already seen as a serious talent for quite some time. I am still doubting he'll stay on a podium position when the other big mountain stages come, because he only has a very small advantage over the Movistar pair Quintana and Valverde, whereas Mollema has quite a good advantage over them. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Ah, the kind of stage is "a lumpy stage", now I get it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So true :d 

Matti Breschel - Abandon

:( 

Tour de France 2016

:FRA Various Cities (FRA) - 02.07.2016 - 24.07.2016 :FRA

le-tour-logo.jpg

Stage 14

Montelimar  -  Villars les Dombes Parc des Oiseaux

Stage Result

:GBR Mark CAVENDISH

5:43:49

:NOR Alexander KRISTOFF

+0

:SVK Peter SAGAN

+0

4. John DEGENKOLB  :GER +0

5. Marcel KITTEL :GER +0

6. Andre GREIPEL :GER +0

7. Bryan COQUARD :FRA +0

8. Davide CIMOLAI :ITA +0

9. Christophe LAPORTE :FRA +0

10. Samuel DUMOULIN :FRA +0

General Standing After Stage 14/21

1. Christopher FROOME  :GBR  63:46:40

2. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED  +1:47

3. Adam YATES :GBR  +2:45

4. Nairo QUINTANA :COL  +2:59

5. Alejandro VALVERDE :ESP  +3:17

6. Tejay VAN GARDEREN :USA  +3:19

7. Romain BARDET :FRA  +4:04

8. Richie PORTE :AUS  +4:27

9. Daniel MARTIN :IRL  +5:03

10. Fabio ARU :ITA  +5:16

Jerseys After Stage 14/21

Yellow Jersey

:GBR Christopher FROOME

63:46:40

2. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED 

+1:47

3. Adam YATES :GBR 

+2:45

Green Jersey

:SVK Peter SAGAN

2. Mark CAVENDISH :GBR 

3. Marcel KITTEL :GER 

Polka Dot Jersey

:BEL Thomas DE GENDT

2. Rafal MAJKA :POL 

3. Daniel NAVARRO :ESP 

White Jersey

:GBR Adam YATES

63:49:25

2. Louis MEINTJES  :RSA 

+3:03

3. Warren BARGUIL  :FRA 

+5:38

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

This guy again :facepalm:Should have been declassiffied for blocking Kittell. What a disgrace it is going to be when this talantless cyclist breaks Merckx's record.

Talentless? Come on :roflmao:

I mean, we can not like whoever we want of course, but if you honestly think Cavendish is talentless...no, just no :d 

Edited by heywoodu

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Talentless? Come on :roflmao:

I mean, we can not like whoever we want of course, but if you honestly think Cavendish is talentless...no, just no :d 

Yes he is the worst kind, sand-bagging till the last 50 metres and then glorifies like he is the king of the world. And it even has to be purely flat, because if its a little uphill he squerms like a worm and gas comes out of his ass... I hate, hate, hate this in modern cycling.