website statistics

Team GB at the 2024 Paralympics - Day 5

Great start for Steve McGuire in the Boccia  as he racks a 3!  

Chica Chica - the man with a name from a 40s Hollywood Musical - gets it back to 3-3.

Chica Chica has a disaster & it's a five!

Edited by Grassmarket

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Great start for Steve McGuire in the Boccia  as he racks a 3!  

Chica Chica - the man with a name from a 40s Hollywood Musical - gets it back to 3-3.

Bosh!

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Wow, Ellie Challis, that was just so incredible!  Went like a tiny steam engine.  :yikes:

It's all getting...Well, it's getting a bit silly now. I expected gBR to hold their own in track cycling, they did, despite leaving possibly two golds on the track. 2 golds in taekwondo was doable. We knew the rowers were ace, and triathlon would bring home some metal.

But the swimming, Jesus h Nora, the swimming! The swimming medal table actually makes me giggle slightly hysterically! Super delighted for, well, all of em, but especially Fiddes who has been a bit of an npc in the wake of the Firth-Applegate rivalry, and looked  like she might suffer the same fate with new generation. And yet, and yet, she's now an individual paralympic champion!

Now if only the track and fieldies could come to the party!

Bear in mind we still have Canoe, equestrian, road cycling to open up their accounts....

Normally this type of thing just makes me jealous of other people's achievements, but I'm getting properly patriotic over this performance

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold