website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2024

Totallympics

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Illya said:

It's the same amount actually because in canoe there are also 200 meters sprints or fours

no, from 2012 to 2024 men had 10 Olympic events in canoe and women had 15 Olympics events in kayak. for some reason IOC hates canoe and never even allowed C-4

Bring back the 1991 borders

1 minute ago, vovanA said:

no, from 2012 to 2024 men had 10 Olympic events in canoe and women had 15 Olympics events in kayak. for some reason IOC hates canoe and never even allowed C-4

Okay, what do Olympic events do to Shtyl, who won more than half of his gold in non-Olympic events?

7 minutes ago, Illya said:

Okay, what do Olympic events do to Shtyl, who won more than half of his gold in non-Olympic events?

I said what I said - guy won 18 world championships from 2006 to 2024 in his sport without any doping allegation, and it's incredible and underestimated achievement

Edited by vovanA

2 minutes ago, vovanA said:

I said what I said - guy won 18 world championships from 2006 to 2024 in his sport, and it's incredible and underestimated achievement

Underestimated by what? He won the majority of his medals in weak competition, and it's not that impressive if we are talking not only about quantity but also quality. If women's canoe, which was much more hated than men's, had 500 meters race starting in 2010, the icon of women's canoe Laurence Vincente-Lapointe would easily beat grandfather Shtyl (Laurence at first only had 1 discipline, where she won 4 consecutive and 6 combined golds, than she added 4 golds in doubles and 1 in marathon, while Shtyl had more than five different disciplines). Again, if we're dividing the aggregate amount of gold by the number of events, where it was achieved, Shtyl wouldn't be number 1. 

I speak about quantity, because quality is a matter of taste. noone is forbidden to perform for 18 years and take more medals in weak competitions. I feel sorry for LVL that canoe is so hated but she still can beat Shtyl if she wants and everyone had that same chance any time in the past. 

10 minutes ago, Faramir said:

and also Birgit Fischer won 28 world championships golds for 20 years. tha's what I wasnted to highlistght speaking about Shtyl, that athletes' longevity should also be praised