website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 8 (August 3)

I’ve watched all three Canadian men’s volleyball matches (and a couple of others), and 90% of the time it reminds me of what happened to our women’s volleyball team at VNL. No, I’m not going to stop talking about almost two months later… 

2 hours ago, orangeman said:

No gold unfortunately, but I honestly don't remember two Canadians on a Summer podium. 

For some-reason I thought we did it in trampoline once, but evidently not. 

Only time I'm aware of is 1928 in the 100m for women thanks to Ethel Smith and Bobbie Rosenfeld of The Matchless Six

2 minutes ago, JockCartier said:

For some-reason I thought we did it in trampoline once, but evidently not. 

Only time I'm aware of is 1928 in the 100m for women thanks to Ethel Smith and Bobbie Rosenfeld of The Matchless Six

Canada should have had gold and bronze in 2012, but they gave the bronze to the Chinese girl who fell. It was stupid. 

Cheryl Gibson and Becky Smith got silver and bronze in the 400 IM in Montreal 1976. I had to look up their names, but I remember seeing a double medal in Montreal. 

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’ve watched all three Canadian men’s volleyball matches (and a couple of others), and 90% of the time it reminds me of what happened to our women’s volleyball team at VNL. No, I’m not going to stop talking about almost two months later… 

At least we spoiled Serbia's chance to advance. 

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Canada should have had gold and bronze in 2012, but they gave the bronze to the Chinese girl who fell. It was stupid. 

Cheryl Gibson and Becky Smith got silver and bronze in the 400 IM in Montreal 1976. I had to look up their names, but I remember seeing a double medal in Montreal. 

Thanks for the correction!

Still wild it's been that long

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

1.8 LOL.

I agree. There’s absolutely no way we’re winning over 28-29 (I believe that was his projection?), unless one or two of Warner/FAA medaled today and the women’s soccer advanced to the medal rounds.