website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 3

First really disappointing swims for me this week - both Harris and Dawson look like they will miss the SFs. That's not good. And probably torpedoes any lingering ideas we had about a mixed medley relay.

Keeping an eye on the trap shooting qualification; after 2/5 rounds Nathan Hales is going nicely with 49/50 scored. Coward Holley down on 46/50.

Top 6 qualify for the final, and after the 2nd round is complete Hales will be in the top 6

Just now, Epic Failure said:

First really disappointing swims for me this week - both Harris and Dawson look like they will miss the SFs. That's not good. And probably torpedoes any lingering ideas we had about a mixed medley relay.

I think since trials this was always unfortunately the conclusion. We just don't have a world-class female 100m backstroker in this cycle. Hopefully Cox / Harris can progress over the next few years

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

I think since trials this was always unfortunately the conclusion. We just don't have a world-class female 100m backstroker in this cycle. Hopefully Cox / Harris can progress over the next few years

It was definitely the most likely outcome. I was just hoping that one of them or MacInnes was going to find something here to make it competitive. But doesn't seem to be the case sadly.