website statistics

Are these Olympic Games going to reach 100 medal-winning nations for the first time? (88/100)

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, hckošice said:

It is hard to win medals for small nations this time, it appear to me like the medals are reserved only to big nations, Paris 2024 proved to me that the current Olympics are set mainly for the rich nations,

rich getting richer, the rest of us are here mainly as desired backdrops in the effort of showing some visually looking cool global participation, but the fact is that different conditions and especially extremely different financial/technological/material resources both in preparation and in competitions make it impossible to fight with equal weapons with the "upper" countries of this world.

Yes, that's why I do this tracking of new countries, I use to be for the unknown or small nations in every sport competitions because I know they have less weapons than USA, China, Japan or West Europe countries. That's unfair and, unfortunately, I think it'll be worse in the future.

The sport players from "little" countries who are medals, it's because in general they train in bigger countries, so maybe the solution is to send their best athletes elsewhere, but that's still unfair, it's only richer players who can go away...

Edited by Nicky Pryde

1 hour ago, Nicky Pryde said:

Yes, that's why I do this tracking of new countries, I use to be for the unknown or small nations in every sport competitions because I know they have less weapons than USA, China, Japan or West Europe countries. That's unfair and, unfortunately, I think it'll be worse in the future.

The sport players from "little" countries who are medals, it's because in general they train in bigger countries, so maybe the solution is to send their best athletes elsewhere, but that's still unfair, it's only richer players who can go away...

Well, you know, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Syria etc etc are not exactly small or toothless. Some of them sure but look at Albania. Communist country without a single medal....during communism. Hard to believe. Those small ones....yes, at most it's American born athlete who doesnt have to compete at US trials. Pity that Curacao can't compete. To be true...AVI BVI etc are not countries / nations (Bermuda too etc). 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Posted (edited)

And a medal for :CYP and :PER in Sailing Dinghy M !

The first medal for Peru since 1992 !!!!

We are at 82 now. We lose Viet Nam sooner, but we can hope :

Athletism Polt Vault W :FIN

Athletism Discus Throw M :SAM

Athletism 3000m steeplechase M :MAR

Weightlifting 49kg W :VEN

Edited by Nicky Pryde